[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    marv2:
    99.9% of the public could consider beer to be a vegatable and I wouldn't care. Since the topic of this thread is Mary Wilson's 50th Anniversary Supremes Magazine, it is completely topical to discuss it's contents. I think you are the one that is out of place with all due respect!

It may be topical for most but you are completely obsessed in your delusional "Mary-land" and love to criticize anyone that disagree's with you. You are always Supreme right on as you have all the facts. You live and breathe it. You say to me, "with all due respect"? From the same person who commented that I put my nose in where it doesn't belong? In a public forum? In other words, no one should post unless they agree with you first. That would make that an oxymoron. Continue having a field day with this marv2. Looks like you have plenty of posts to catch up on. It gets funnier by the day. Just for the record, I never said anyone was out of place. Maybe we can let the SUPREME COURT decide.
    Attachment 5686

Delusions of reference involve people having a belief or perception that irrelevant, unrelated or innocuous phenomena in the world refer to them directly or have special personal significance. The notion that everything one perceives in the world relates to one's own destiny.
    Well you know what you can do? You have two options! hehehehehehehehe..........
    Last edited by marv2; 12-01-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Nathan, so this just means Marv gets another "ignore". He's got the most of those already.

Good post. Somebody collected Marv's childishness and swearing off Youtube and here and sent them to Mary Wilson ~ she didn't like it one bit. He doesn't know her or anyone at Universal either though we used to hear "he would tell Mary". This would occur in nightly dreams we later found as in "Dreamboys".

One of our posters here says that if Mary ever appears where Marv lives, her security is aware of him. He will know the accuracy of that assertion.

Ignore is the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Nathan, so this just means Marv gets another "ignore". He's got the most of those already.

Good post. Somebody collected Marv's childishness and swearing off Youtube and here and sent them to Mary Wilson ~ she didn't like it one bit. He doesn't know her or anyone at Universal either though we used to hear "he would tell Mary". This would occur in nightly dreams we later found as in "Dreamboys".

One of our posters here says that if Mary ever appears where Marv lives, her security is aware of him. He will know the accuracy of that assertion.

Ignore is the answer!
    Have you been drinking or just losing your mind?

lol these Supremes threads always end up ratchet as [bleep]...

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    lol these Supremes threads always end up ratchet as [bleep]...

Uh huh! hehehehehhehehehe.......!!!

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    I now see another reason why the"This Is The Story- Jean Terrell Years" is neither pictured or mentioned. In the booklet write-up by Fred Bronson, both Cindy & Lynda themselves explain how the transitions came about [[pp.12-15). Nary a word in any shape or form of temporary is mentioned.
    I found it odd that This is the Story box set was not included in the magazine as well, but I don’t think it has anything to do with how Mark Bego and/or Mary Wilson perceive Lynda’s status as a Supreme. Other re-issues were left out as well. It was odd that there’s a page devoted to a track listing of the unreleased Disney album. And two pages include random recipes from Mary Wilson. Just some odd editorial choices. Perhaps Bego left This is the Story out of the magazine because he didn’t get a Supremes necklace when he received the boxset in the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    It was odd that there’s a page devoted to a track listing of the unreleased Disney album.
    Perhaps the Disney album has been given prominence among the unreleased albums because Mark and/or Mary may hope that fans will write in requesting it's release.
    And is that really the proposed artwork, as claimed?
    It seems odd [[though possible) that characters from Bambi, the Jungle Book and 101 Dalmatians would be pictured on an album cover which included no songs from those animated films. [[And yes, I did notice Minnie Mouse, who with Mickey, is synonymous with Disney as well as Tinkerbell)
    I remember either Andy Skurow or George Solomon stating that the next Supreme's re-issue would not be A-Go-Go, which would follow I Hear A Symphony sequentially.
    I would expect that the next Supremes re-issue would fill-in the gap by combining Liverpool/Country Western & Pop/Sam Cooke +out-takes/alternate versions even though I would welcome having all the Disney tracks in one place.

smark21 Guest
    If Liverpool is given the deluxe reissue, will it be titled “A Bit of Liverpool”, “A Little Bit of Liverpool”, or “The Big of Liverpool”?

How about an Itty Bitty Bit of Liverpool?

marv2,
    Please continue your ridiculous ranting and childish behavior. Hey I do have a good title for your book. "Call Her Miss Wilson".

Regards

LMAO; Cindy and Mary both say she was a temp/sub so why the hassle? Id think theyd know something.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    LMAO; Cindy and Mary both say she was a temp/sub so why the hassle? Id think theyd know something.
    There is no hassle just a few nutcases that can't accept the truth! LOL!!!! Mary knows what the deal was.....

Can I send someone the money in the mail and they can pick up a copy for me?
    My email is stephanie_20904@yahoo.com

I just finished reading my copy and aside from a few errors Big of Liverpool, and Mary singing sole lead on Bridge over troubled water and the exclusion of some major reissues, I found My Supremes magazine to be very entertaining and a testament to the Supremes as a group. I think every Supremes LP release is mentioned here as well as some reissues. 13 Original Supremes, 12 DR & S 9 Jean Terrell era LP's and 4 Scherrie Payne era and one Greatest Hits featuring both Terrell and Payne on lead.

The photos are fabulous especially the one with Mary and Flo on Page 64 a full 8x10 color shot a rare photo, and another two page photo of dmc in 1968 probably in england a full page of the Supremes from the TCB finale with the butterfly gowns a full page of Diana Ross from 1965, a double page shot of Jean, Mary and Cindy off by herself with the green gowns worn on the TOM JOneS SHOW, an outake of a shot on the NWBLS album little photos an outake of the Mary Scherrie Susaye album two full pages of Mary Cindy Scherrie, two rare photos of Mary and Susaye, in rehearsal, various solo shots of Mary Wilson then and now, with friends including Mark Bego and much more, even though no solo shot of Flo her image is well represented on the first 64 pages. and much more is included Coca Cola photos, The Supremes Dolls, a photo of the Supremes with the Supreme wig collection JML getting ready for the stage.. so why would anyone see anything wrong with this commeorative anniversary issue other than the fact that Mary doesn't deserve to share this with the fans who loved the Supremes all these years, and the fact that she is keeping the legacy alive, I highly recommend it for any Supremes Fan.

I just got this magazine,i was looking for something more,something different,something new,no matter what,i'm a fan,and i'm still glad to have it,i just love The Supremes from the 70s,
    Please stay positive

Has anyone found it anywhere besides Hudson News?

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Can I send someone the money in the mail and they can pick up a copy for me?
    My email is stephanie_20904@yahoo.com
    Stephanie, you can send me all the money in the mail you want!

Penny

And then Penny, you'll send all the Avon products that Stephanie wants...?!LOL

I wonder if this magazine will be generally available in other countries - for example, here in UK...

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    And then Penny, you'll send all the Avon products that Stephanie wants...?!LOL

I wonder if this magazine will be generally available in other countries - for example, here in UK...
    Don't sweat it. I bet if it's not sold in the UK... fans there can still buy one on Ebay or MW's website. She sells everything else. Why not her magazine?
    Supposedly, the magazine will be available at Target and Walmart stores.
    Who in the US doesn't have a Target or a Walmart in their town? If you live in the US - in a major or small town with a Walmart...why would you need to send someone on the forum money to buy you a magazine and mail it to you? Yeah, I'm nosey.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 12-02-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Supremely tasteless.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    That comment about Lynda is very tacky. I thought this magazine was to celebrate the legacy?
    Did she also refer to Betty and Barbara in the same way? Doubt it. You're either in a group or you're not. What a dumb statement. Just enforces Mary's insecurities. When Lynda joined the group it was Jean who picked her [[Sundray was also in the running). I get sick of reading about 'The Supremes - according to Mary Wilson' and I really wish Motown/Hipo-Select would ask other members of the group [[Diana,Jean,Scherrie, Cindy, Lynda, Susaye) for their memories of the Supremes. After all, they all played their part too. Just sayin'.

Sorry if it upsets Mary's fans but this needed a response.

Westgrandboulevard, Stephanie and anyone else who wants My Supremes and worry they won't be able to get it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Supremes-...item257859d8ad

Ivyfield, I get your point.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 12-02-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Kamasu_Jr

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Kamasu_Jr

Thanks!
    You're welcome. Look around on Ebay...US. I saw a couple of other sellers offering this magazine. You might find a good bargain. I'm in a major US city, so I will look for it at Barnes & Noble, Target, Walmart, Walgreens or maybe even a Kroger store. It's just a magazine. They sell those everywhere here.

Just got my copy and it opens up with a winner! Mary Wilson as "Josephine"!!!!

smark21 Guest
    I saw it on sale at a Duane Reade in Manhattan.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    Did she also refer to Betty and Barbara in the same way? Doubt it. You're either in a group or you're not. What a dumb statement. Just enforces Mary's insecurities. When Lynda joined the group it was Jean who picked her [[Sundray was also in the running). I get sick of reading about 'The Supremes - according to Mary Wilson' and I really wish Motown/Hipo-Select would ask other members of the group [[Diana,Jean,Scherrie, Cindy, Lynda, Susaye) for their memories of the Supremes. After all, they all played their part too. Just sayin'.

For the Hip-P Let Yourself Go boxset booklet, Cindy, Scherrie and Susaye were intereviewed and quoted as well as Mary. And I believe Mary, Lynda and Cindy provided quotes for the This is the story boxset.

Mary is hardly insecure about anything. She is one of the most confident women I know. What is Lynda Laurence doing these days?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mary is hardly insecure about anything. She is one of the most confident women I know. What is Lynda Laurence doing these days?
    You don't know Lynda or Mary, much like the rest of us.

Lynda and Mary are probably doing about the same ~ playing with their grandchildren and doing a bit of work here and there which is great for the retired crowd. And neither of them are keen on nutty fans.

I bought one in a fresh stack of them at the local Super Stop & Shop;..they have these stores everywhere, don't they?

Thx smark. Barnes and Noble isnt sure wheter they will get it or not.

Lynda and Mary are probably doing about the same ~ playing with their grandchildren and doing a bit of work here and there which is great for the retired crowd. And neither of them are keen on nutty fans.
    I beg your pardon? You don't know who I know. I have never met you before in my life remember? So stop sounding like a fool and proclaiming to know who I do and do not know! Thanks.

I do not know you but you sound like an incredibly stupid man if you think Mary Wilson and Lynda Laurence are doing the same. Mary is out performing all over the World, has a new recording, just wrapped filming a new movie, has an active [[and profitable) gown exhibit and just had a commerative magazine released on her career. She's also doing tons of interviews , some of which have been posted here. So stop showing your feigned [[or maybe it's real) ignorance with all the evidence available regarding Mary Wilson's very active career. Now I'll ask again..............What is Lynda Laurence doing these days?
    Last edited by marv2; 12-02-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    I bought one in a fresh stack of them at the local Super Stop & Shop;..they have these stores everywhere, don't they?
    Jimi, those are mostly on Long Island. I picked mine up at Targets.

Thx smark. Barnes and Noble isnt sure wheter they will get it or not.
    Luke, I checked with Barnes and Nobles too and they did not have it.

Wow Stop and Shop here I come!

Wow Stop and Shop here I come!
    and then there's always King Kullens and Walbaums! LOL!!!

I didnt know Target had magazine section! Walbaums kaput here. K mart?

stopinthenameoflove Guest

Any updates on dates for Lynda's live appearances this year and next?

Thanks

Is Cindy dumb too?

Is Cindy dumb too?
    She has to be dumb to ALWAYS side with Mary Wilson! Yeah? right! LOL!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I do not know you but you sound like an incredibly stupid man if you think Mary Wilson and Lynda Laurence are doing the same. Mary is out performing all over the World, has a new recording, just wrapped filming a new movie, has an active [[and profitable) gown exhibit and just had a commerative magazine released on her career. She's also doing tons of interviews , some of which have been posted here. So stop showing your feigned [[or maybe it's real) ignorance with all the evidence available regarding Mary Wilson's very active career. Now I'll ask again..............What is Lynda Laurence doing these days?
    You mean you don't know? She told me she just spoke to you while she was hanging out laundry and that you were going over to scrub her toilets. I don't understand your confusion marvy poo.

Attachment 5690
    Last edited by nathanj06; 12-02-2012 at 11:05 PM.

bought a copy last night at Publix, a large grocery store chain throughout the Southeast, esp. Florida. You can't get any more mainstream then Publix. They had about 10 copies.Besides "Big of Liverpool" & mistakes that a proof reader should have caught, its well made.Thank you Mary Wilson for keeping the Supremes legacy alive.

I didnt know Target had magazine section! Walbaums kaput here. K mart?
    K MART had 4 on their shelves today in Sussex County, Delaware, of all places. I never expected to find it there of all places especially since I don't think there is a heavy demand here for it. Fortunately, I already ordered one via eBay and it sold for $1 less [[$7.99) with free shipping, so it should be here in a couple of days. At least I was assured of getting one because I called several Barnes and Nobles and none of them have it or even have anything in their computer about it.

To add more clarification...or confusion...when Jean and Mary started scouting for a replacement for Cindy, Stevie Wonder recommended Sundray Tucker. Jean and Lynda went to a Stevie concert to check out Sundray, but noticed Lynda, her sister, with a better figure and a resemblance to Cindy. Both ladies auditioned, but Lynda was chosen.

Few fans, including this one, realized that it was not Cindy on the cover. With the hat she was wearing, Lynda's smile was similar to Cindy's and few people picked out the difference

It is a cryin and its a shame that even from supose SUPREMES fans the number one original supreme FlorenceBlonede ballard gets less mention then replacement linda lawrense can a supposed fan who has seen the 50 anniversery book tell us about Florence blonde Ballard please is ther a photo of her

smark21 Guest
    Yes Shaqueetha, there are plenty of pictures of Flo [[with Mary and Diana) in the magazine and many of Flo’s recorded leads are signaled out as highlights on the albums they’re featured on.

Shaquetta are you able to get a copy in your city, there Flo is mentioned in many captions and articles and pics on the first 65 pages, and she is represented on all the 60's studio albums execpt, Love Child. and even there is a quote from her talking about how she picked out the name. If you cannot get a copy post your email the mag cost 8.99

Wonderful magazine. Got it today.

That picture of Florence and Mary on page 64 was worth the cost of the magazine!

My copy refers to "The Big of Loverpool!