[REMOVE ADS]

Dionne Warwick on LIFE AFTER tonight

There are two new episodes of LIFE AFTER on TV ONE tonight. Dione Warwick will be featured on the first one at 9 pm.

Is Life After a psychic show?

Quote Originally Posted by helga View Post
    Is Life After a psychic show?
    Helga, When you combine Dionne with the title of this show, that is a very logical conclusion. But the show is not about pyschics. I've only seen one of them. It featured Marla Gibbs and it showed clips from her TV series and early life and then continue with what she has done after the TV series.

Didn't watch the Dionne one yet, but she is supposed to talk about Whitney and CIssy in it.

Never heard of this series till I read it about it in a Mary Wilson thread. Recorded about ten of them and will watch those that feature artists that I like.

At first I wondered what a "Life After" episode on Dionne would be like. Many of the subjects are people who were in the public eye for a while and then disappeared, which isn't really Dionne's story.

Dionne's episode was more a short documentary of her career, sort of a "Life After" Bacharach and David, her comeback at Arista, and her work with AIDS. No mention of Cissy or Whitney.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    At first I wondered what a "Life After" episode on Dionne would be like. Many of the subjects are people who were in the public eye for a while and then disappeared, which isn't really Dionne's story....
    Yes, I wondered the same thing. She is nowhere near a has been. I just watched it and it was very well put together mini documentary about her. Interesting that she didn't want to record the song with the "Whoa Whoa Whoa" lyrics.

The period between when Scepter closed its doors and Clive wanted her for Arista are described as the lost period. And maybe they were. But one of her finest albums from that "lost" period was on Warner Brothers and produced by Thom Bell. It was called TRACK OF THE CAT. It never got the success it deserved, but for those people who are aware of it, it is an underrated classic. Here is a link to the title cut.

I caught this on TV yesterday. It was good and obviously it was to promote her new CD. Her life is fascinating and it needed way more than a half an hour.