[REMOVE ADS]




Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 401
  1. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    How about the Gospelaires of Dayton Oh?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8V2...w.youtube.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gziudcv-4OY

    Can't believe I slept on this for 2 years!
    I actually saw them sing at a church with my Grandpa who took me.

  2. #152
    Did they wreck the house?

  3. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    Did they wreck the house?
    They had this little boy rockin and tappping his feet! LOL

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Special for my friend Glenn!

    AWESOME clip my friend...thank you so much for sharing...Casietta was NO JOKE!!!
    Last edited by glencro; 04-09-2015 at 04:10 PM.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    How about the Gospelaires of Dayton Oh?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8V2...w.youtube.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gziudcv-4OY

    Can't believe I slept on this for 2 years!
    Thanx for sharing Nosey. These men rocked the house literally

  6. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    AWESOME clip my friend...thank you so much for sharing...Casietta was NO JOKE!!!
    She was anointed.

  7. #157
    I don't know how or why I missed this great concert that was held recently at the White House but here it is! There is not one bad performance here whatsoever. However, highlights for me include Michelle Williams (formerly of Destiny's Child) the Rev. Rance Allen, Lyle Lovett (surprisingly good!), Tamala Mann, and our own Queen, Ms. Aretha Franklin!!!



  8. #158
    Some what is now considered "Old School Gospel" This Golden Classic:


  9. #159
    What about the Davis Sisters of Philly and Ms. Regina
    Mc Crary.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiTORuesp3Q

    Every choir sang this song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3clRG0MoK-0

  10. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    What about the Davis Sisters of Philly and Ms. Regina
    Mc Crary.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiTORuesp3Q

    Every choir sang this song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3clRG0MoK-0
    Great choices Nosey.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    DETROIT'S OWN

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    FROM DETROIT TO WEST AFRICA

  14. #164
    How could we have ever forgotten this one...........


  15. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    This is great . Shirley Caesar on lead, Cassietta George, Delorse Washington, Josephine Howard (Miki's mother) and Albertina Walker

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    GET ON THE GOOD FOOT
    Last edited by glencro; 10-25-2015 at 10:05 AM.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    Nothing says SOULFUL & DETROIT like classic Clark Sisters on a Sunday Mornin'

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    The Matriarch of the Clark Sisters with Twinkie Clark

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    THE LATE KING OF GOSPEL

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    SISTERS & BROTHERS IN CHRIST

  22. #172
    Oh you pulled out the BIG GUNS today huh Glen? Thank you, thank you!

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Oh you pulled out the BIG GUNS today huh Glen? Thank you, thank you!
    I needed to encourage myself this morning marv2. Glad you enjoyed!!!

  24. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I needed to encourage myself this morning marv2. Glad you enjoyed!!!
    Well I hope you were and stay that way. Remember he had decided that you would rise this morning, so feel blessed in knowing that fact!

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Well I hope you were and stay that way. Remember he had decided that you would rise this morning, so feel blessed in knowing that fact!
    Amen to that marv2...Appreciate the encouragement

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686

  27. #177
    Please enjoy this great performance by CeCe Winans before CBS pulls it:


  28. #178
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Please enjoy this great performance by CeCe Winans before CBS pulls it:

    THANK YOU THANK YOU marv2...this had me in tears

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686

  30. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    THANK YOU THANK YOU marv2...this had me in tears
    You are most welcome Glen. She sure sang it the old fashioned way!!!

  31. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    My brother knows Rev. Allen.

  32. #182
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    My brother knows Rev. Allen.
    I received an email earlier last year from Tyscott Records to photograph the cd cover for The Rance Allen group. Man, I was so excited at the thought of it. The label wasn't sure if they wanted to do it in Toledo or Detroit but either way I was willing to be flexible enough to make it happen. There was a lot of back and forth regarding the logistics but they went another direction for his latest cd. However, I built a great relationship with the executive at the label and will be working with them real soon but would have loved to have shot the "legend".

  33. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I received an email earlier last year from Tyscott Records to photograph the cd cover for The Rance Allen group. Man, I was so excited at the thought of it. The label wasn't sure if they wanted to do it in Toledo or Detroit but either way I was willing to be flexible enough to make it happen. There was a lot of back and forth regarding the logistics but they went another direction for his latest cd. However, I built a great relationship with the executive at the label and will be working with them real soon but would have loved to have shot the "legend".
    That is great Glen. By the way my brother has sung at Rance Allen's Church in Toledo. Another brother works with his sister.

  34. #184
    Ms Natalie Cole


  35. #185
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Ms Natalie Cole

    Awesome, thanks for posting Marv2

  36. #186
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686

  37. #187
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    WHO CAN FORGET THIS CLASSIC

  38. #188
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    A song that Marvin Sapp wrote after losing his wife to cancer

  39. #189
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686

  40. #190
    You are welcome Glen, but I see you pulled out the real heavy hitters in this last batch! LOL! Whew!!!!

  41. #191
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    I tried Marv2...trying to keep up with you

  42. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I tried Marv2...trying to keep up with you
    I think you have the edge on me bro. But, I am going to get the spirit and find some more truly inspirational songs for us to enjoy. Lately, I have been thinking of some of the songs I heard in church as a kid in the sixties. I am starting to really miss some of the more traditional songs.

  43. #193
    Have we posted this one yet?


  44. #194
    Martha Reeves sang this one recently at the funeral for our friend Al Abrams in Detroit:


  45. #195
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I think you have the edge on me bro. But, I am going to get the spirit and find some more truly inspirational songs for us to enjoy. Lately, I have been thinking of some of the songs I heard in church as a kid in the sixties. I am starting to really miss some of the more traditional songs.
    I too miss the more traditional music. When it was announced a few years ago that Detroit would be getting a 24 hour FM gospel radio station, I was excited. This new music that they are playing is so watered down and sappy. I enjoy some contemporary and often jog to gospel house but overall, most of today's gospel is as crappy as a lot of most of today's mainstream music.

  46. #196
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Have we posted this one yet?

    I don't think we have but this is one of my many favorites by him

  47. #197

    a nice peace of worship


  48. #198

    Garden State Choir


  49. #199

    this sounds good to me


  50. #200

    nice prayer from Motown Detroit


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.