[REMOVE ADS]

Whitney Houston 35th Anniversary Vinyl Box Set release

Coming in May from Vinyl Me Please. Nothing really new in this 2 LP set [[the second LP is the Japan-only 'Dancin' Special' release) but it is being remastered from the analogue masters [[impressive). It looks quite lovely in terms of the presentation and comes with a 40 page hardback book, housed inside an embossed box. You can also use the following discount code to get 25% off of your pre-order: VMQW87AJDKJ7

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/produc...31741150134362

It does look like a nice collectors' edition and Whitney deserves it. Interesting to recall that Jermaine Jackson was a significant enough presence to warrant 2 duets on such a high profile debut lp.

Agreed, Whitney does deserve it Yes it's interesting that Jermaine was the star attraction at the time and they used his relatively higher profile to bring attention to her debut, but that didn't end up being the case for very long, once she started selling millions of copies. It's too bad that they couldn't include their unreleased duet of 'Dont Look Any Further'. I seem to recall there is a second unreleased duet that I read about in Robyn Crawford's book. The title of the song escapes me at the moment...

This sounds like a great package. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that it has been 35 years since I sat stuck in traffic on a bridge near downtown Cleveland and over the radio came a voice, THE voice singing "You Give Good Love"! I had to find out who she was and I had to have that record!

I just got mine. It is beautifully packaged. I have not played the vinyl yet because I've had all these tracks on CD or digitally for years. I love the book. Great pictures of the young, beautiful Whitney Houston.

Listening to the CD while reading the book prompted an enormous wave of nostaglia. I can vividly remember purchasing my copy of the original vinyl edition way back in 1985. There have been only a few times since I've felt that kind of excitement discovering a new artist.

So far, my most worthwhile purchase of 2020...a year that has otherwise been terrible.

Glad to hear that you've been enjoying it, Guy. I agree that it is a beautiful set...top quality. I am glad to have it. I hope the rest of her albums will get a similar vinyl box set treatment. In other news, The Bodyguard soundtrack was reissued on red vinyl. It is a Walmart exclusive in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Glad to hear that you've been enjoying it, Guy. I agree that it is a beautiful set...top quality. I am glad to have it. I hope the rest of her albums will get a similar vinyl box set treatment. In other news, The Bodyguard soundtrack was reissued on red vinyl. It is a Walmart exclusive in the US.
    Thanks, Carlo. I am enjoying it and sincerely hope that Primary Wave, Sony, the Houston estate and all other [[financially) interested parties will see fit to continue to honor Whitney's musical legacy in this fashion.

This fall is the 30th Anniversary of "I'm Your Baby Tonight." It would be fitting to get a deluxe reissue with additional content. I am very curious about the evolution of that album. There were excellent Narada MW tracks that were relegated to b-sides "Feels So Good" and "Dancing On The Smooth Edge" -- while the LA/Babyface contributions were among the most lackluster of their career output. There must be a good story behind it.