[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Holding Court in SF Last Night

Mary performing "Up Close" last night in California and looking terrific!:
    Last edited by marv2; 09-24-2010 at 11:25 PM.

topdiva1 Guest
    She looks well - is she performing to a track?

Nope, I see Mark Zier and Donnell Davis on the stage, her VERY long time band members, so the music is live . Those guys are just that good. They are superb musicians.

smark21 Guest
    Except for My World Is Empty Without You I thought she wasn't doing Supremes song for her Up Close show? I like Mary on some of those Diana led Supremes hits, but not on Baby Love or Stop. AT least for her Supremes/oldies show when she does them she does it as a "if you want to be a Supreme, get on stage" fun thing and nothing more.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Nope, I see Mark Zier and Donnell Davis on the stage, her VERY long time band members, so the music is live . Those guys are just that good. They are superb musicians.
    Many thanks for answering my question Marv - I wish Mary continued success - WOW she sure showed them how it is done!!!!

This one is even BETTER!!!!!

topdiva1 Guest
    She is doing so great!!!!

Mary also held court in Hollywood last month at the Catalina Bar & Grill. Some of the ladies in waiting that came out to see her include Brenda Russell, Randy Crawford, Nichelle Nichols, Scherrie Payne, Rita Coolidge, Jackee, Iris Gordy, Sheryl Lee Ralph etc, etc, etc........
    Last edited by marv2; 10-12-2010 at 11:23 PM.

..great- now thats what I call sisterhood..

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    ..great- now thats what I call sisterhood..
    and that was just on the one night. I heard there was a whole another group that came to see her on the other evening.