[REMOVE ADS]

Valerie Simpson on OPRAH's NEXT CHAPTER tomorrow Nov 11th

Valerie is interviewed on Oprah tomorrow. Valerie tells Oprah the inspiration behind one of the duo's most unforgettable hits, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" -- and reveals why she and Nick didn't record it themselves. "I couldn't do -- Nick couldn't do -- what Diana Ross could do, what Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell [could do]," she tells Oprah.

Valerie opens up about the loss of her husband of 37 years, and about their musical legacy, on "Oprah's Next Chapter," Sunday, November 11, 2012, at 9 p.m./8C on OWN.

Thank you Milven, after gorging myself on American Football, this will be a most welcome respite.

Interesting-thx. She and Nick sure had as much magic IMO-still get goosebumps when their harmony peaks on certain songs.

I hope she is doing ok..the love between her and Nick always shined through..

Man, this was a really good interview. You could tell Valerie Simpson REALLY loved Nick Ashford. I felt sorry for all of those times I wished he would just let her sing-alone. They were like one person.

I really enoyed watching this last night, jus wish it could have been the whole hour. I was lucky enuff to see them LIVE twice & getting to meet them in late 80's.They were genuinely nice to talk to.Glad Valerie has her daughters to lean on.

anybody got a link to this?

Great interview. She was mourning her husband and Ashford & Simpson. It was tough for her, and you see in the interview that she is still going through the process of mourning.

I wish the interview were longer too, but I was surprised and happy to see the second interview was with Bette Midler