[REMOVE ADS]

Thumbs up Could the tide be turning? MSNBC beats Fox News three nights in a row!

Have you read the other articles on the same page? Pretty interesting stuff.

Oh yeah! Great site! I really hope that the liberal/progressive voice will finally be heard by the unwashed masses and finally put an end to the era of rein of terror and oppression of the conservative.

smark21 Guest
    Except for a really big news event like an election, a major hurricane or 9/11, most people don’t watch cable news. Most of the time the 3 cable news networks garner a total of 9-10 million viewers between the three of them. Their audience consists of news and political junkies. Normal people can’t be bothered to watch them. Cable news is by and large awful, regardless of ideology as it mostly consists of pundits and talking heads. I suspect Fox News will continue to do well for a cable news network for Obama’s next term as Republicans are out of power and the die hards need something to watch to fuel their outrage and anger. Besides, cable news, especially Fox News, appeals to people who are sitting at home all day long with nothing to do. If you look at the cable news ratings demographics, their viewership skews old [[just pay attention to the ads—lots of prescriptions and wheelchairs being hawked) and rural.

Smark21, you're correct in your assessment. I contended that the worst thing or Rush Douchebaugh and Glenn Dreck was eight years of George W. Bush because they couldn't truly blame the Democrats for the wheels falling off the apple cart. Their popularity grows by leaps and bounds when they can paint someone as the boogie man, and it's hard to do that if your guy is the one who's messing up.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Except for a really big news event like an election, a major hurricane or 9/11, most people don’t watch cable news.
    Oh yes they do! Maybe not where you live, or among those you know, but, around here, and with everyone I know, cable news it is. Most people are either fans of Fox news or CNN. There are not too many that even know about MSNBC because they never think about it, it's situated in a bad place on the channel lineup, or their TV/satellite service does not even carry it. Well, most people have cable around here. Even on the internet, where many younger people get their news, and newspapers, people tent to go for anything that agrees with their world view.

Out here in the Northeast, it's all about MSNBC in terms of cable news networks. Pretty ironic, considering that Faux and MSNBC are located either very close to each other or are in the same building. I heard that once.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    Out here in the Northeast, it's all about MSNBC in terms of cable news networks. Pretty ironic, considering that Faux and MSNBC are located either very close to each other or are in the same building. I heard that once.
    They are almost across the street from each other.