[REMOVE ADS]

Blowing in The Wind - Stevie

Does anyone know what album / CD the version of Stevies "Blowing In The Wind" appears on with the extended "la, la, la, la ending.
    The last time I remember hearing it was on the British "Greatest Hits" compilation but I have never heard it on the many CD compliations since.

I never heard that version.

It's on his Uptight album with a run time of 3:47. The single versions found on TCMS run 3:05.

This version is also on the Motown Year by Year 1966 CD.

I only play this version.

Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    This version is also on the Motown Year by Year 1966 CD.
    So it is, and I have that CD, and the rest of the CDs in that excellent-sounding series. But, I never listen to the ones of the 60s because I don't much like the mostly inferior stereo mixes.

This is also the version of "Blowin' In The Wind" we selected for the upcoming "Motown: Big Hits & More" 6-CD set.

We also have a new Tom Moulton stereo mix of "A Place In The Sun" which aims to re-create the choral feeling of the original mono single version [[slightly extended), and a remastered version of our original "Stereo Motown Box" remix of "Uptight" on the upcoming set as well.

I'll have to check them out. I never liked the original stereo mixes of these two songs.

It was on Looking Back a double lp like the double Anthology lps issued in the 70s.

It was on the original vinyl release of British Motown Chartbusters Volume 1 [[TML and STML 11055).

The mono album came out in 1967 but was deleted and replaced in 1970 by the stereo version. Both versions of the album feature the full-length track.

The CD re-issue, however, features the edited version. Shame!