[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Published on November 6, 2012 by SAReporter · No Comments 0
    Diana Ross arrives in Jodhpur, India on Nov. 6, 2012. The legendary soul singer plans to attend the 50th birthday celebrations of British supermodel Naomi Campbell’s billionaire boyfriend Vladimir Doronin. STRDEL/AFP/Getty Images
    Jodhpur, Nov 6 [[IANS) Supermodel Naomi Campbell’s international guests will be treated to Rajastahni cuisine – kair-sangri, bajra-roti, dal fry, kadhi, mix vegetable, lal maas, tava roti and much more – when they join her here Tuesday to celebrate her Russian boyfriend Vladimir Doronin’s 50th birthday.

The Rajasthani cuisine, prepared by over two dozen renowned chefs, will be laid out at the majestic Mehrangarh Fort.

“Tuesday is going to be great fun for celebrities. On the eve of Vladimir Doronin’s birthday, several celebrations have been planned. There will be about 18 different kinds of Rajasthani dishes for the celebrities apart from several other dishes and drinks,” said an official on condition of anonymity.

Campbell has spared no effort to make it a memorable bash for her millionaire Russian boyfriend.

A source from the fort said that even the decor is inspired by Rajasthani culture.

“The fort’s Jaipol, Dedh Kangra Pol, Imarati Pol, Suraj Pol, Loha Pol and several other areas have been given a beautiful look with Rajasthani paintings, handicraft items, royal oil lamps and other heritage items,” said the source.

Musician and activist Sir Bob Geldof arrives in Jodhpur, India, on Nov. 5, 2012. Geldof is in the country to attend the 50th birthday celebrations of British supermodel Naomi Campbell’s billionaire boyfriend Vladimir Doronin. STR/AFP/Getty Images
    Celebrity guests started arriving here Monday.

“A ‘huge party’ is being organized on the eve of the birthday today [[Tuesday). About 125 high profile celebrity guests are likely to participate in the party,” said an official of an event management company involved with the preparations.

Hollywood big names Leonardo DiCaprio and Will Smith are expected for the party.

“Everything – from dinner to decorations – is based on Rajasthani culture. There is a sophisticated lighting outside the fort, however, the scene will be entirely different inside.

“The Daulat Khana would be entirely lit up with royal oil lamps rather then electrical lights. It will be a beautiful experience for the guests who would be seated on special Rajasthani beds called ‘macha,’” added the source from the event management company.

I would LUV to go and see the Divine DIANA ROSS in full glory!.. she was amazing at Radio City Music Hall not too long ago..

This constant bickering back and forth about Diana and Mary is nonsense. Do you guys honestly expect these ladies to be touring and be as busy as they were when they were 25 years old? They have families and grandchildren. I'm sure they love the work, but neither lady is broke. They don't need to be working all the time. They both had have incredible careers. Diana is one of the most successful female artists of all-time. Mary is, without a doubt, the most successful member of a group to have a lasting career. I love both ladies equally. Why can't any of you?

Diana's net worth is 160 million and Mary's net worth is 8 million. Neither of them needs to worry about where their next meal is coming from. Both still love to perform, but I don't think either has to do it in order to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Diane has apparently fallen on real hard times after getting involved with you know who. Now she is legitimately classified as a wedding and birthday party performer......."send in the clowns" indeed!
    Do you know just how pathetic you sound???????, who in their right mind would turn down 500,000 for a 1-2hr job??? an amount many stars don't even make in 6 months.

I suppose you wouldn't have any problem and would have been dancing around in glee if to say it was Ms Mary Wison getting ask to perform for half a million for a couple of hours show.
    As skooldem said, the more you post your petty hatred here, the more pathetic you sound.
    You mate just comes across as jealous and pathetic with your relentless bashing of Diana, incredibly sad really. [[do you really think your idol Mary would approve of your hatred of Diana ????)
    By the way, a lot of big celebs does private parties, don't be mad just because there isn't any high profile celeb demand for Ms Wilson's service.
    Last edited by David J; 11-07-2012 at 05:51 AM.

John, if I go I can't think of a better friend to have with me for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I'll go with ya if you can arrange the invites!!

I want to go too; if you can come up with a way, I can get a ticket.

It's sad when you read a jealous post on here and hear in your head"jealousy, envy, misery, you can't see behind smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes"

Something is terribly wrong when you are so obsessed in hatred over people you don't even know. It's like the most horrible family dispute. People wonder, with good reason, if medication isn't necessary.

smark21 Guest
    And this thread is rather amusing. A couple of Mary Wilson fans, or more accurately, anti Diana Ross fans, are all upset about Ross getting this gig. And then there are a couple of Diana Ross fans who feel their fandom of Ross is re-validated because she landed a 500k gig.

It should be noted many musicians will do these sort of private party gigs if the price is right. Though sometimes, it can end up being an embarrassment. For instance, Beyonce had to apologize early last year when it was revealed she had performed a birthday party gig for Libyan dictator and international terrorist Col. Khadaffi, who in 2011 was finally being overthrown. And Elton John was properly shamed in public when it was discovered he performed at the wedding of the very homophobic and anti gay Rush Limbaugh.

The Campbell gig in India certainly is not as bad as the Beyonce and Elton John gigs, but there is a whiff of obscenity to it as there is great poverty in India and all this money is being spent for Campbell, her boyfriend and their friends, primarily of the 1% set to party and have a good time while many people are suffering. True, it’s their money, but it’s a bit tacky and justifies that it’s time to increase taxes on the wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I want to go too; if you can come up with a way, I can get a ticket.

It's sad when you read a jealous post on here and hear in your head"jealousy, envy, misery, you can't see behind smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes"

Something is terribly wrong when you are so obsessed in hatred over people you don't even know. It's like the most horrible family dispute. People wonder, with good reason, if medication isn't necessary.
    I do try not to get involved with any of the anti-Mary or anti Diana nonsense on this site, which I really don't know why I bother, it is like teen girls making catty, immature remarks about Diana. "You don't like her, we get it"!!!!! to the posters that are so rude and disrespectful to her legacy and persona......as if they know her personally.

There isn't really any call for the catty & spiteful remarks "Marv" or "Jillfoster" makes here about Diana, it just makes them comes across as really petty and it does put the Ross fans & some Supreme fans who loves all the Supreme Ladies off this forum, I love visiting this forum and reading people's messages but when all the catty, petty remarks starts on the Supremes, especially Diana, it really is a put off but no matter what I will always visit this amazing forum and defend my DIVA when the need be

There's a picture of Diana Ross at the party on the Daily Mail website

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ravaganza.html

Campbells favourite song of all time is Diana's masterful "Now That Your Gone"..her late close friend make up artist Kevin Aucion used to play it to her when he was doing Campbells make up..she writes about how special the song is to her in the tribute book to his work...