[REMOVE ADS]

Isley Brother interesting stereo mixes

The Isley Brothers 2 CD Anthology has a couple of very interesting stereo mixes of This Old Heart Of Mine and There's No Love Left. They both have the "sound" of the mono mixes in that the volume level of instruments are the same as the mono mixes. As far as I know, this is quite unlike other stereo mixes of other artists' songs.

Is this approach unique to this album release of did Motown create "mono sounding" stereo mixes for other artists?

You have good ears, just as you did back in 2015.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...rack-3-version

My ears tell me that the single A and B sides of "This Old Heart Of Mine" do actually consist of those unique stereo mixes folded into mono.

I suspect that this single is unique in that respect as far as Classic Motown goes, although I'd love to be proven wrong, if only to hear other examples.

Sotosound, I thought I had posted something about this in the past but failed to find it via search so I assumed I had imagined it!

I did wonder if the songs on the Supremes Greatest Hits album has the same approach to the stereo versions of the songs. I remember reading something a long time ago that HDH undertook a remix session in respect of the stereo versions? Perhaps I'm imagining that too

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post

I did wonder if the songs on the Supremes Greatest Hits album has the same approach to the stereo versions of the songs. I remember reading something a long time ago that HDH undertook a remix session in respect of the stereo versions? Perhaps I'm imagining that too
    I do remember reading [maybe in in ICE magazine ?] that the stereo mixes on the Supremes' GREATEST HITS [1967] album were done specifically for that album. Then they were subsequently used on the 1974 ANTHOLOGY as well as the 2000 boxed set.