[REMOVE ADS]

shoulda been bigger............

The group or the song?

For me, it would have been the group but I think blueskies means the song...I remember the
    first time I saw that performance too many years ago to count, I thought how good they sounded but how too close they were to The Emotions sound with this track...I thought other things too but they don't involve music.....or maybe they do....

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    The group or the song?
    Actually, Kamasu, both. Why, whatever do you mean, Splanky?
    Last edited by blueskies; 10-30-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Talented and beautiful and I can hear the Emotions comparison. Never knew that they were the first to record this

The only digital disc you can find by the group is an import, which is selling for close to $50.00. I had forgotten the late Frank Wilson PRODUCED It Must be Love. Allegedly, Alton was considered as a replacement for Jean Terrell in the Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    The only digital disc you can find by the group is an import, which is selling for close to $50.00. I had forgotten the late Frank Wilson PRODUCED It Must be Love. Allegedly, Alton was considered as a replacement for Jean Terrell in the Supremes.
    No she wasn't. Alton McClain was considered a potential replacement for Mary Wilson in the summer of 1977.

I said "allegedly," which means "supposedly" or it might have been the case or it wasn't and what I stated should not be accepted as fact because it's not verifiable. But I was not far off. I was told Alton McClain was considered for the damned Supremes; Whether she was to replace Mary Wilson or Jean Terrell, makes no difference to me. At that point, the Supremes were just Supremes.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 11-01-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Do we mean as in back to "no hit Supremes"? So an Alton McLain or Destiny would have been a good fit?

Nothing much from the mid 70's group wise seemed to stick or last.

Yeah, If she had joined, I feel it would not have made any difference to Alton McClain's or the Supremes' fortunes at that time. But that's just my opinion.

honest man Guest
    Well said, to the earlier poster . Kamasu jr

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Do we mean as in back to "no hit Supremes"? So an Alton McLain or Destiny would have been a good fit?

Nothing much from the mid 70's group wise seemed to stick or last.
    No it means "No Hits Diana Ross" for last 28 years!!!! LOL!!!

Forget the Supremes, I had another position for Alton but she never showed up to let me ...place her...'cept in a dream I had...Anyway @glencro...
    I never knew they recorded Power Of Love before Stephanie Mills.Thanks for posting that!...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Forget the Supremes, I had another position for Alton but she never showed up to let me ...place her...'cept in a dream I had...Anyway @glencro...
    I never knew they recorded Power Of Love before Stephanie Mills.Thanks for posting that!...
    I heard that........ as she was very phynnneeeee!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Talented and beautiful and I can hear the Emotions comparison. Never knew that they were the first to record this
    When I interviewed Alton little under two years ago, she stated that the group's career would have turned out considerably better had Polydor followed "It Must Be Love" with "The Power Of Love" instead of hanging onto that disco bandwagon and issuing "Crazy Love."