[REMOVE ADS]

Dionne warck's 50th anniversary cd in stores nov. 8

Dionne Warwick marks the 50th anniversary of the release of her first Billboard hit single Don t Make Me Over with the release of a special new album Now which reunites her with the legendary creative team of Burt Bacharach, Hal David and Phil Ramone. Now was recorded in New York City from March to May of this year with Phil Ramone, the engineer behind Warwick s recordings, on production duties. The album features a selection of classic Warwick / Bacharach / David hits together with some of their finest lesser known songs from the past. Perhaps most excitingly, the album also features four brand new songs in the shape of Bacharach s Is There Anybody Out There? and Love Is Still The Answer as well as David s 99 Miles From L.A. In addition, the album features a new take on I Say A Little Prayer which sees Warwick duet with her son David Elliott. Now features a further family connection as Warwick s other son Damon Elliott has mixed the album.

This cover is gorgeous
    Name:  dionnew.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  19.5 KB

Looking forward to this album. I heard the stream on another site and upon the first listen, "Is Anybody Out There?" and the re-recording of "I Say A Little Prayer" stood out to me. Sounds great. I agree, the cover is beautiful.

Superb CD as I said on another Dionne thread! I love the track "Is Anyonne Out There" which is so radio friendly if the record company get behind it.

The ammount of PR her record company H&I Music got for her in the UK was simply amazing, the album was released a week before the States and the above track as a single a week before that. Dionne did about every TV show possible, just one disappointment was her first TV date, she fell in the Hotel bathroom just before leaving for the TV studio so she had to perform sitting down and she was not fully at her best, I was told by the record company managment she was in great pain, but she performed before then going to the hospital, no way would so pull out. It did not help that it was Strictly Come Dancing, which the show always has a couple enter the floort just after the artist starts singing and then the audience start to clap and cheer every move the dancers make? The printed media has always been first class, Sunday glossy mag spreads as well as many magazines such as Hello.

Dionne is just so Professional the NOW album is superb, arrangements and full orchestration are so up to date and she does not let herslef down with great vocals as well.

I have read some criticism that Dionne's newest recording is her third reworking of the past hits she has become associated with. I purchased the two previous compact discs and really enjoyed the urban reworking of her signature material. Judging from the snippets I've heard on Amazon, this newest recording is a standout effort as well.

I agree some people can be put off with the reworking of hits but these are superb and the production is first class, but the new tracks are first class as well!

The NY Daily News picked it as one of it's CDs of the week-with a vg review. Is Dont Make Me Over on it?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Is Dont Make Me Over on it?
    Yes it is.

H&I Music did a superb promotion gold envelope with the album promo CD in and two photo cards, I was sent a copy, I am playing it all the time iPod and on CD in the car, such Quality!

Liked Dionne's story about "Don't Make Me Over" - which she told last week she had recorded "Make it Easy on Yourself" and was driving to New York to put the finishing touches to the track for single release and she heard it on the radio sang by Jerry Butler, she said she felt so let down and when she arrived and met with Burt Bacharach and Hal David she said to them "Don't Make Me Over" and then came the song and Jerry had the major hit with "Make it Easy on Yourself" 1962
    Last edited by jaybs; 10-31-2012 at 07:06 AM.

While I would certainly love to hear Dionne record new material, I think she brings something new to each of these re-recording projects. This one is no exception, and I love her more mature, "weathered" vocals. I lespecially ove her version of "Love Is Still The Answer", originally recorded by Dutch singer, Trintje Oosterhuis.