[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye to be featured on Celebrity Crime Files on TVONE Monday

Hi all! I'm a newbie and love all things motown. Just wanted to let you know
    'Marvin Gaye to be featured on Celebrity Crime Files on TVONE Monday'

Thanks, just set my DVR. Welcome to SDF

Thanks. I wonder if this will be as good as the "Final 24" episode. Still a tragic day.

Whats funny is the Rick James said he always heard Marvins brother Frankie shot him lol. I believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by summer96 View Post
    Whats funny is the Rick James said he always heard Marvins brother Frankie shot him lol. I believe that.
    He said that in his book?

Yes! He said that in his book.

Yes! He said that in his book.
    Can you give us verbatim what he wrote about that? Or quote him or something...

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Thanks. I wonder if this will be as good as the "Final 24" episode. Still a tragic day.
    The Final24 episode is good and can be seen on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Gwv8wxISA

really? that's the first i ever heard of this, WOW!

Oh boy everybody drinkin hooch today,i guess next they'll say that[john wilkes booth]shot him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulswood View Post
    The Final24 episode is good and can be seen on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Gwv8wxISA
    Yeah I watched it on there.

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    Oh boy everybody drinkin hooch today,i guess next they'll say that[john wilkes booth]shot him!!!
    LOL earlier this year, I saw something about Berry having something to do with Marvin's death or something like that but it was as a blind item but I doubt Berry's that smart to devise a murder plot. Jesus...lol

Marvin's mother was at the scene of the crime and testified. Frankie tried to save Marvin. The dad did it

Can you give us verbatim what he wrote about that? Or quote him or something...
    From the book page 212:
    People think that Marvin's father did it. I always heard it was his brother Frankie. In any case he's gone. The night he died I was home freebasing. All of a sudden I got this terrible headache, like none I've had before. Jan [[Gaye) called me on the phone crying hysterically. I knew something was terribly wrong. She said,"Rick, Marvin's dead." I threw the pipe down and cried myself to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Marvin's mother was at the scene of the crime and testified. Frankie tried to save Marvin. The dad did it
    That's how I remembered it too. Marvin's last words was to Frankie when he said to him after he was shot: "there's no more left in me."

From the book page 212:
    People think that Marvin's father did it. I always heard it was his brother Frankie. In any case he's gone. The night he died I was home freebasing. All of a sudden I got this terrible headache, like none I've had before. Jan [[Gaye) called me on the phone crying hysterically. I knew something was terribly wrong. She said,"Rick, Marvin's dead." I threw the pipe down and cried myself to sleep.
    Well he was doped up so of course he would hear some b.s. like that...

Marvin and Rick

Well he was doped up so of course he would hear some b.s. like that...
    He wasn't saying he was doped up when he heard it. That was separate from the statement. The second hald of the statement he was saying on the night Marvin died he was doped up, not that he heard his brother shot him when he was doped up.

He was saying on the inside several people were saying that he was killed by his brother Frankie.

Don't just dismiss the statement. I believe it's true. As he was sleeping with his wife

I recall that after he was arrested, they found that Marvin Gay Sr had a brain tumour. Some wondered if it might have affected his behaviour. I think that was why he got a suspended sentence. But I didn't hear that mentioned in that Final24 episode.
    Last edited by calvin; 10-27-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Marvin gay sr. Was a failed minister who was too strict on his kids,he also had a strong feminine side that he let show maybe a bit too much,at the time of marvin's death he was also an alcoholic the gun he shot his son with was given to him by marvin some time before.

He wasn't saying he was doped up when he heard it. That was separate from the statement. The second hald of the statement he was saying on the night Marvin died he was doped up, not that he heard his brother shot him when he was doped up.

He was saying on the inside several people were saying that he was killed by his brother Frankie.

Don't just dismiss the statement. I believe it's true. As he was sleeping with his wife
    I don't believe it. Only reason any truth could be that Frankie shot him accidentally or intentionally or whatever would be because Marvin and Frankie had an argument the other day over Marvin's gun possession and a cocaine/PCP addicted Marvin accused Frankie of being "against him". Why would he, Marvin's mother and his sister-in-law lie about what happened? The gun had Marvin Sr.'s fingerprints all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    I recall that after he was arrested, they found that Marvin Gay Sr had a brain tumour. Some wondered if it might have affected his behaviour. I think that was why he got a suspended sentence. But I didn't hear that mentioned in that Final24 episode.
    No one mentions the tumor... but some say that Marvin Sr. shot Marvin because he was humiliated from his son's attacks on him.

Sure, this tense relationship between Marvin and his father went all the way back to Marvin's childhood. And Gay Sr was ruled to be competent to stand trial.

Just saying, I recall that it was considered newsworthy at the time that this tumour was found.

From "Murderpedia" [[who thought up that website name?):
    Originally charged with first-degree murder, the charges were dropped when doctors examined Marvin Sr. and discovered that the then 69-year-old suffered a brain tumor. He agreed to serve five years probation for the crime, after pleading no contest to voluntary manslaughter. During sentencing, Marvin Sr. tearfully stated to the court that he wished he hadn't killed his son, saying he feared for his safety. His wife later went and lived at their daughter Jeanne's house. Marvin Sr. was later sent to a rest home for the remainder of his life, where he died of pneumonia in Culver City, California on October 10, 1998, just nine days after turning 84.

http://murderpedia.org/male.G/g/gay-marvin-pentz.htm

I don't believe it. Only reason any truth could be that Frankie shot him accidentally or intentionally or whatever would be because Marvin and Frankie had an argument the other day over Marvin's gun possession and a cocaine/PCP addicted Marvin accused Frankie of being "against him". Why would he, Marvin's mother and his sister-in-law lie about what happened? The gun had Marvin Sr.'s fingerprints all over it.
    It makes sense that the Father covered for his son Frankie. A father would do that. As per his request, the family would go along. And HE DID GET OFF. HE CHOOSE TO SERVE TIME probably so it wouldn't look botched. The media says anything and people believe it. BUT Rick James was on the INSIDE. Most of the time when fans dismiss stuff it is true. Most people don't even know Martin Luther Kings real name was Mike and that his family always called him Mike.

What you're saying is that Rick James is a complete liar. He's not just going to lie on Frankie. In fact if you read the statement he's not saying he knows that as fact that Frankie killed Marvin. He just knows as fact that on the inside people were saying Frankie killed him. Just like the public doesn't know as fact his father killed him, we just know as fact that his father killed him because the media said so. You're not even entertaining the fact that it could be a possibility. The MEDIA ALWAYS LIES and everybody knows that.

Well, well,well...with Marvin, Frankie, Rick , Daddy Gaye Sr as well as people like Teddy
    Pendergrass[[ who also boned Jan and at least confessed to it, even mentioning it in his
    book,) all gone, I guess folks can create whatever fictions they want...
    I personally believe Daddy shot him with the gun Marvin gave him, after Marvin , stoned out of his mind on cocaine, pushed him into it. I wasn't there like his mother was but I don't
    think she would have suddenly divorced her husband had Frankie did it and I don't believe
    Frankie would have written his book My Brother had he did it. But that's just me. Believe in
    elves shooting Marvin, if you want....

Oh yea, and BTW, summer, it was Martin Luther King Jr's father who was born Michael and
    he who changed his name . People do that all over the world and it's legal. Martin Jr
    his son was named after the change. ...

I'd go with the simplest explanation here - it was Marvin Sr and the family told the truth about what happened.

When several people conspire together to make up a false story, there will usually be minor inconsistencies in their stories. And in this case, I guess they wouldn't have had much time to sit together and work out in detail what they would tell the police.

So Rick James "always heard it was Frankie", in between pipe hits. There's probably nothing more to that than some guy sharing the pipe with Rick just speculated once that Frankie did it. Who would this guy have heard it from? Only family members were present when it happened, and if they lied to the police, why would they shoot their mouths off afterwards?

LOL. Stay in the dark and be entertained over and over by the illunimatis little story lol

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Oh yea, and BTW, summer, it was Martin Luther King Jr's father who was born Michael and
    he who changed his name . People do that all over the world and it's legal. Martin Jr
    I've done the research and read the books you haven't. MLK Jr. was born Mike King Junior. His name was not changed until he was around 5 years of age. [[That's why he is a junior. If his father was born mike king then he was too think about that. If ihewas born marting luther king junionr then who was he named after LOL [[cause he was a junior). All you do is stay in motown land.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    I'd go with the simplest explanation here - it was Marvin Sr and the family told the truth about what happened.

When several people conspire together to make up a false story, there will usually be minor inconsistencies in their stories. And in this case, I guess they wouldn't have had much time to sit together and work out in detail what they would tell the police.

So Rick James "always heard it was Frankie", in between pipe hits. There's probably nothing more to that than some guy sharing the pipe with Rick just speculated once that Frankie did it. Who would this guy have heard it from? Only family members were present when it happened, and if they lied to the police, why would they shoot their mouths off afterwards?
    Why are you judging Rick James because of his drug problems? At the time he was a musical genius. I read the whole book and supplied the information. You all didn't read it. I did. And you are dismissing it because I supplied it, If you are going to judge him then judge every motown artist on there drugs and problems and question every thing you have ever heard. He was a bonafided Motown artist and you all were not.

I'm adding new information to the deal from a credible source. I'm not making this up off the top of my head.

It's like no one believes Latoya Jackson when she says Mike was murdered. But you can't dismiss it just because you think she's crazy or because you don't like her.

You have to research and read books and not just watch tv shows and listen to news reports.

From wikipedia: Martin Luther King, Jr. was born on January 15, 1929, in Atlanta, Georgia, to Reverend Martin Luther King, Sr. and Alberta Williams King.[5] His legal name at birth was "Michael King";[6] his father, who changed his own name from Michael to Martin Luther...

^ Uh, OK, it's official: you're not making sense.

Also, some wild story leaked that drug dealers might've killed Marvin but of course that was hogwash as well.

Plus like it's been said Rick was doped up. I'm not buying his story. He ain't bringing in no type of information of where he heard it from. He was just blowing hot air on that story in particular.

Yep. King's dad was influenced by Martin Luther so he felt he should be named as such as well as his son once he was born. Michael Luther King became Martin Luther King, Sr. in 1928.