[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Young people?

Young people?

are there any Young people [[18-29) oh here who listens to old school R&B, Soul, Funk and or jazz?? if so i wanna network with ya'll

Me! There's a few of us on here...

I used to be 18 and 29 but I'm still young at heart, lol...Glad to hear that there are younger peeps on hear enjoying the wealth of real music

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I used to be 18 and 29 but I'm still young at heart, lol...Glad to hear that there are younger peeps on hear enjoying the wealth of real music
    lololololololol

Ok Glen, so who was the President when you were 18? hehehehehehehe!

Good post,let's hear from our young folks who dig this great music we[oldtimers]rave so much about...who do you like from back in the day?

I just turned 35 so I'm out. But I joined the forum when I was around 23 or 24.

I'm gonna go back to being in my twenties. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I'm gonna go back to being in my twenties. Does that count?
    Soulster, you and I need to be worried about our second childhood, which should be coming any day now...

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  21.1 KB
    I liked R&B, Blues, Jazz, and Gospel music when I was 3, 4, 5 and 6-and every year since. But, alas, I'm not so young any more. I started liking R&B when Canada had a KING!!! And only one year before, The Canadian Football League was still called The Canadian Rugby League.
    Last edited by robb_k; 10-24-2012 at 10:45 PM.

I certainly fit that description! My username should be a dead giveaway!

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 346
    I liked R&B when ˆ was 3, 4, 5 and 6-and every year since. But, alas, I'm not so young any more. I started liking R&B when Canada had a KING!!! And only one year before, The Canadian Football League was called The Canadian Rugby League.
    I'm shocked. From your photo, I'd peg you to be mid-20s, early 30s at the oldest. You might be a little older than me, but I remember the riots on Main St. when MLK was shot and the shock the country felt when Bobby Kennedy was assassinated. On the flip side, I also remember my big sister proudly coming home and throwing on "Going to a Go-Go" on her cheap little plastic record player as she broke out her Easy Bake oven and made cupcakes.

Views: 359
    I know your'e kidding, at least a little bit. That photo was taken 4 years ago, when I was only in my early 60s. I look a LOT older now, my red hair is now ALL gray. And it's blurry.

There are several SDF members that like R&B, Jazz, early Soul music who are younger than 40 [[several younger than 30). I know several Northern Soul fans who are in their 20s and 30s.

In Northern England, and Western Europe, there has been a renaissance of Northern Soul activity among the last two generations, From what I have gathered on Northern Soul websites, and on SDF, there is also a young Soul dance club scene in USA, as well.

That's a very good thing, in my opinion. I remember introducing my two best friends [[and cousins) to '50s and '60s soul/R&B back in the 1980s. They grew up with it too, but since I had the car and the cassette deck, they pretty much had to listen to what I played. Such a contrast to listen to vocals that were not effected, drums that were not synthetic or beat boxes, and real bass guitar, all of which were falling out of favor in popular music back then. I hate to sound like a snob, but for me, that was "real music". The more young people that can find it, the more it will inspire.

And I was just kidding. My wife was cutting the gray hairs out of my beard until I shaved the damned thing. But I'm proud of every one of them; I earned them. May God continue to bless you, Robb.

i'm 21 so I guess i fit in that age range.. hah

Hey[madlad]i like your name[after one of the great groups ever]we better get some more young folks up here because the[geritol]set is moving in..actually geritol ain't bad with a little hooch...ahhhhhhhh!!!!

Of current, 27, been listenin' to Motown, even Barry White hahaha, at 14. But really, I was quite an oddball among my peers, me with my "sixties music" as they listen to what qualifies as "pop", "rock" or "rap" today.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 10-25-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Ok Glen, so who was the President when you were 18? hehehehehehehe!
    Good one Marv2 lol...Ronald Reagan was president when I was 18

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    Hey[madlad]i like your name[after one of the great groups ever]we better get some more young folks up here because the[geritol]set is moving in..actually geritol ain't bad with a little hooch...ahhhhhhhh!!!!
    LOL at "Geritol". I get my energy from Boost these days, Junior.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    LOL at "Geritol". I get my energy from Boost these days, Junior.

This is what I drink, but the chocolate one tastes much better! You'd be surprised how many guys in their 20s and 30s drink this stuff!

Me formula is to think young, act young, stay active, and stay out of the sun! Cut back out cut out red mean and sugar. It also helps if the right genes tun in your family.

And last, listen to LOTS of music all the time! All kinds, not just easy, slow stuff. get that blood moving! Listen to some fast, loud music.
    Last edited by soulster; 10-25-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Good one Marv2 lol...Ronald Reagan was president when I was 18
    Oh so then you are still just a young un'........LOL! I just became old enough to vote when Reagan ran the first time against Carter.

I am glad that there are more people around my age around here than I thought.

Hey jerry[boost]this...mix some[100 proof]gin-500proof corn squeezins-a little nitro[don't ask]some gun powder-a pinch of sofuric acic-and then for the flavor of all flavors a pinch of this wonderful elixur[it's good for america]of course you'll have to confine yourself to a missile silo for oh say[six months]not for your safty but for the entire area[let's say a thousand mile radius]for starters..now that's a-b-o-o-s-t!!!!!!!!

I'm on EBay right now bidding on Nitro... I'll let you know how it works!

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    i'm on ebay right now bidding on nitro... I'll let you know how it works!
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,jerry,you da man!!!