[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Soulster I am looking at the coverage on MSNBC which is very good! I laughed when they said the Romney camp would not return any calls. I hope O gets OHIO and FL> stay tuned!

IT'S OVER!!!!!! Obama has just won Ohio! He has just won re-election!!!!

I'm looking at Fox news right now, and listening to the way they are wording things. Boy, they are PISSED! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soulster they are playing You Cant Hurry Love for the Obama campaign! Yes We Can!

The youth vote came out in full force again, as did the Latino and Black voters. Labor came out. Women came out. This shows you can't try to take away people's right to vote and not pay the consequences! ignore the people and favor the rich.

The tea-baggers lost ground tonight, too. Many of their people lost races bigtime tonight. However, congress is still the same.

Steph, I didn't hear. I am in another room on the computer. Are they playing The Supremes or Phil Collins?

I agree with everything you said. They played YCHL about five minutes after it was announced Obama won. Do you know that Romney is not conceding to Ohio? I cant sleep this is exciting. Have to go to bed in an hour.

Romney refuses to concede Ohio. Shitbag Karl Rove is trying to get Fox news to walk back their call.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-07-2012 at 12:54 AM.

I forgot to answer your question it was the Supremes they were playing not Phil Collins version. Oh and they also played The Second Time Around by Shalamar. Regarding Karl Rove he makes me sick! Fox News is a joke I kid you not when Obama won they looked so sad......LOL Serves all of these teabaggers right all of their lies and hypocrisy. Oh well lets celebrate tomorrow.

Praise Jesus. The President won and my womb is delighted.

In gratitude.

Roberta

Steph, it's just like republicans to try to steal away Obama's victories.

Virginia just now went to Obama.

Romney never even wrote a concession speech. What a dick!

California just gave Obama the popular vote. Florida and Nevada are still too close to call, but are leaning Obama's way. If Obama wins these, it doesn't matter.

Romney-hood needs to let it go.

Looks like he has let it go. Romney made the call to Obama, and is expected to give his speech shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    IT'S OVER!!!!!! Obama has just won Ohio! He has just won re-election!!!!
    Just as I said he would! I was in Columbus yesterday at the same time as Obama and Romney. Congratulations President Obama......Congratulations America!

Steph, it's just like republicans to try to steal away Obama's victories.

Virginia just now went to Obama.

Romney never even wrote a concession speech. What a dick!

California just gave Obama the popular vote. Florida and Nevada are still too close to call, but are leaning Obama's way. If Obama wins these, it doesn't matter.

Romney-hood needs to let it go.
    I wanted to hear a concession speech from Romney and then one from Ryan. Oh well......

Signed, Sealed, Delivered! Yes!!!

A magnificent acceptance speech. From the Heaven's above to all the hard work done on the ground, I am very grateful to have President Obama re-elected.

Watched Fox this morning. They are talking about the Republican strategy in 4 years time, which kind of suggests that anything Obama does in that period will not work, be correct, worth trying etc.
    All this reminds me of biased, entrenched views surrounding football teams.......people only want to see their side no matter what. Guess what, I hardly bother watching football anymore, least get into 'discussions'....no point.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I know this is a mainly Democratic audience..........but......

Is he gonna make it?

It looks increasingly tight.
    Yes he is going to make it!!!!!

They were talking about what the GOP has to do to win back women in 2016 on the CBS news this morning. It's like they don't care to win Blacks, Hispanics, and Jews. They totally don't get the point that if their strategy of division works only to win the white male vote, then it's a stategy that they won't win with in the future either. Why aren't they trying to win the votes of so-called minority demographics? Aren't they supposed to represent us and our interests as well?

BTW: Pray for the president; there are many angry [[and armed) people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    They were talking about what the GOP has to do to win back women in 2016 on the CBS news this morning. It's like they don't care to win Blacks, Hispanics, and Jews. They totally don't get the point that if their strategy of division works only to win the white male vote, then it's a stategy that they won't win with in the future either. Why aren't they trying to win the votes of so-called minority demographics? Aren't they supposed to represent us and our interests as well?

BTW: Pray for the president; there are many angry [[and armed) people out there.
    I don't believe Romney, Ryan and the Republicans spent even $1000 with black media outlets during this entire campaign cycle. That is incredible..........

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/...own_of_be.html

< Back to front page Text size – + Belmont
    Romney loses in hometown of Belmont
    Print | Comments [[) Posted by Leslie Anderson November 6, 2012 10:25 PM
    221 1 E-mail E-mail this article To: Invalid E-mail address Add a personal message80 character limit) Your E-mail: Invalid E-mail address
    Sending your articleYour article has been sent. E-mail this article To: Invalid email address Add a personal message: Your e-mail: Invalid email address
    Sending your articleYour article has been sent. By Evan Allen, Town Correspondent

The presidential race was neck and neck Tuesday night, but in Belmont the results were clear: Mitt Romney was no favorite son.

President Obama won 65 percent of the vote in the town Romney has called home since 1971. Romney received 34 percent in a race that brought out 79 percent of Belmont’s 17,822 voters.

“It’s such a Democratic town,” William Sullivan, 32, said as he left Town Hall on Tuesday afternoon after voting to reelect the president.

Belmont has not voted Republican in a presidential race since 1980. While Belmont residents threw their support to Romney when he ran for governor in 2002, they backed Edward M. Kennedy over Romney in a 1994 Senate race.

That history seemed far away Tuesday morning, however, when Mitt Romney and his wife, Ann, swept into the Beech Street Center to cast their votes in the election. Usually a quiet oasis for senior citizens who want to quilt or play board games, the scene around the center hummed with Secret Service, extra police, and sign-toting residents – most supporting the Republican candidate.

“You’re going to win, Mitt!” someone in the crowd shouted, as Romney and his wife left in a motorcade for a final day of campaigning.

On the last nail-biter day of a presidential race that drew huge voter turnouts across the country, the quiet suburb of Belmont found itself squarely in the spotlight. Supporters and nonsupporters alike agreed that it had been one heck of a campaign season for the town of 25,000 outside Boston.

“How many times do you have somebody from your hometown running for president?” asked Chris Doyle, standing outside Town Hall where she was serving as a poll watcher. Doyle avoided the hoopla at the Beech Street Center, where she usually votes, by casting an absentee ballot for Obama on Friday.

“I think everyone’s just happy to have the election over,” she said.

The spotlight trained on Romney, she said, has spilled over onto the town itself, though she was not sure if that was a good or a bad thing. The Belmont she sees on the news, she said, doesn’t match the town she’s lived in since 2003.

“I think they’re looking to portray Romney in a certain light,” she said, and in pursuit of that image, the press has painted Belmont as a more exclusive place than it really is.

But while some in Belmont have grown weary of the attention, at least one resident said she wanted to see more members of the media walking the streets of Belmont.

Evelyn Cunningham, who has lived in Belmont for 50 years, said she thought Romney has not gotten enough good coverage in Belmont. Elephants marched across Cunningham’s sweater, where she had pinned Romney/Ryan buttons.

Casting her vote for her hometown candidate, she said, was a gratifying moment.

“I think he’s a source of pride to us,” she said. “He’s a man that will bring honor to us, because of his intelligence and his patriotism.”

At the Beech Street Center on Tuesday morning, Romney supporters made a strong showing.

A cheer went up outside the center as the Romneys left after casting their ballots. The crowd of about 200, many hoisting homemade Romney signs, broke into applause and hoots.

Asked by reporters inside the polling place who he voted for, Romney answered, “I think you know.”

Bill Dunham, a member of the Belmont Republican Town Committee, caught a glimpse of Romney giving “a nice wave” through his car windows. Dunham, 62, stood by a banner that read, “Belmont votes for Mitt and Ann,” which, he said, was meant to welcome them home to the community they’ve lived in for more than 40 years.

“They have a political side and a business side, but they’re part of the community.”

Evan Allen can be reached at evan.allen@globe.com.

The Repubs got their asses handed to them last night. I couldn't be more pleased. God bless President Obama.

To all my American friends on this site. What an election thrilla!Name:  Great News!.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  35.6 KB

Some icing on the cake: Allen West is out in Florida. And also Todd Akin in Missouri. Listening to his concession speech it shows he is unfamiliar with separation of church and state. He is also unfamiliar with several other things.
    Last edited by MotownSteve; 11-07-2012 at 08:27 PM.

And good riddance to those two, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    The Repubs got their asses handed to them last night. I couldn't be more pleased. God bless President Obama.
    And it was a landslide, in the Electoral College Either way Ralph, you put it on the line that Obama would win. And as much as I wanted Obama to win I never felt 100% that it would happen, and I was losing faith when those first returns came in. You had it right all along. Next time your in town I owe you a drink [[or whatever your poison is). You called it!

Yahhhhhhhhhhhh.

And Ralph was pretty much right........at least in the Electoral College!

Yeah, I was talking about the Electoral College. What tipped me off that Mitt's goose was going to get fried was simply by watching the audiences of each candidate. Mitt's would cheer for him but there was an aura of uncertainty about it. The President's crowd were raucous. Much more involved with their candidate. So it was a lock. Besides, America decided they didn't want to be governed by what was parading before our eyes this past year. This was the right call, no matter what your party.

Here in France we're very happy for you [[good) American voters !

But there are other changes happening in different states, just found that one about Colorado and Washington wanting marijuana legalization. Sounds pretty interesting : http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/346...uana-legalized

What or who was he quoting? Obama still is way ahead in the electoral college.

Significantly??? May I ask if you are a Romney supporter?
    You cannot believe almost anything Jobeterob says especially if it is about things occurring on Earth in the past or present!

Phil,
    Yes those states have completely legalized weed. Pot is still considered a Federal crime though so it will be interesting to see how this will play.

Well, Ralph,

You did get your landslide, and Obama managed to get the popular vote, with two fewer states than last time, and with fewer of the White vote.

What would be funny if it weren't so pitiful is that republicans get all of their information form Fox news, Rush Limbaugh, Matt Drudge, Glenn Beck, and the other far-right nuts, and they all told the flock to ignore the experts and pundits, and know that Romney would win with a landslide. That's why they are so devastated today.

Where your landslide did happen is in the congressional seats. No, the Democrats didn't get the House, or a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, but most of the tea-baggers got the boot.

Right now, the republicans are wondering what happened. We have been trying to tell them, but they keep putting their fingers in their ears and burying their heads in the sand.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-07-2012 at 07:07 PM.

I'm so happy that obama got another 4years.i might be over here but the president of the USA is as important to us in the UK as it is to you.The strength of america affects the whole of the free world.Mitt romney was/is a patronising politician in the Trump mould.[[how frightning would he be?)I think america did itself a favour returning a decent man to get his work finished,if the congress give him a chance.It was great to see the demographic of how you voted black 95+%,hispanic 65%,asian,women,men,age groups. etc.

Well, i'm a Black democrat, I voted, and i'm armed too.

I would love it if Obama banned assault rifles in the USA as well..........for a start!

I have really enjoyed posting this on conservative facebook pages today:

smark21 Guest
    This article is an excellent sumnation of the election results, IMO.
    http://davidsimon.com/inevitabilities-and-barack-obama/

Have you guys been watching Rachel Maddow tonight? Dhe just ran down a very, very long list of the ways the liberal democrats won, and the ways the republicans lost, and how the talking heads on Fox filled their heads with lies and deceit.

The show will be re-run later tonight, too!

Ralph was on point and I was on pins and needles. One election year, formerly moderate Republicans [[like McCain and Romney) are going to figure out that they stand a muuuuch better chance to win these things by staying centrist instead of going so far to the right. I'm shocked that these two tools built their whole careers on being centrist, but when it came to being a presidential candidate, they pissed away any chance that centrist voters [[I believe most of the USA falls into this category) would vote for them by embracing not only fiscally conservative principles, but also far-right socially conservative principles. God bless 'em, the losers.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I would love it if Obama banned assault rifles in the USA as well..........for a start!
    He should, but, that really would be a bad move right now. The gun nuts are counting on it. They are already disgusting.
    I live in gun country. I live among the tea-baggers/far-right nuts. I know how crazy they are.

I don't know where in Canada you live, or how far in the U.S. you have ever been, but watching Fox is an example of what you see all over this country.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-08-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Ralph was on point and I was on pins and needles. One election year, formerly moderate Republicans [[like McCain and Romney) are going to figure out that they stand a muuuuch better chance to win these things by staying centrist instead of going so far to the right. I'm shocked that these two tools built their whole careers on being centrist, but when it came to being a presidential candidate, they pissed away any chance that centrist voters [[I believe most of the USA falls into this category) would vote for them by embracing not only fiscally conservative principles, but also far-right socially conservative principles.
    Except, when I watched a bit of Fox early this morning, their excuse for Romney losing? he wasn't conservative enough! Bill O'Reilly said they lost because Romney didn't make Marco Rubio his running mate. O'Reilly says that these people want things "given to them". In other words, the conservatives just don't get the message! They don't understand that it's not just the faces of their party. it's their policies and messages too. It's their actions of voter suppression, bullying, sexism, racists, attempting to run around and dismantle the Constitution, and many other things. Watch Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC later on. You'll see what I mean.

God bless 'em, the losers.
    Why? They would curse us. They get no luv from me!

Soulster, they truly believe themselves to be the smartest people in the room. However, the first thing a smart leader would notice is that nobody is following his lead and the second thing is to figure out why. And when I said "God bless 'em", I was truly facetious. What I saw before the election [[and for the last four years from Tea Baggers and Republican leaders) is some of the most hateful, racist, demeaning, untruthful public acts that I've seen in my 50s years. Although I am encouraged by President Obama's re-election, I'm discouraged that they brought back the worst of 1950s-era USA. Except for the constraints of law, I shudder to think what I would be capable of doing in response.

you and me both, Jerry, you and me both....

Soulster, they truly believe themselves to be the smartest people in the room.
    Yeah, if they had really been the smartest people in the room, they would have figured out that they are their own worst enemy. The reason Romney lost is themselves. They have a party that they allowed to be taken over by ideological extremists.

Yeah, if they had really been the smartest people in the room, they would have figured out that they are their own worst enemy. The reason Romney lost is themselves. They have a party that they allowed to be taken over by ideological extremists.
    Someone told me that the complaint among the conservative pundits is that Romney was not far enough to the right on the issues. He only made gains in the polls after he mysteriously became centrist during the debates, in spite of the last two years of painting himself as ultra-conservative.

Barack Obama won Florida this afternoon as well.

But, "it's not a mandate", jobeterob. Question: If this is not a mandate, then WTF is a mandate?

And Boehner sadly accepted ACA as the "law of the land".

Windbag Rocker Ted Nugent Isn't Happy About Obama's 2nd Term!

Ted Nugent isn't happy about Obama's second term.Patrick Pentland Nov 7, 2012 0 Comments Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on stumbleuponShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services10

Ah, Ted Nugent. Is there anything you won't say? The ultra-conservative windbag rocker took to Twitter last night to let everyone know how he felt about President Barack Obama's second term victory.

Here are a few nuggets from the Nuge:

"Pimps wh*res & welfare brats & their soulless supporters hav a president to destroy America."

"So Obama still demands the hardest workers provide for the nonwotkers. Shared opportunities my a**."

"What subhuman varmint believes others must pay for their obesity booze cellphones birthcontrol abortions & lives."

"Goodluk America u just voted for economic & spiritual suicide. Soulless fools."

Earlier this year Nugent was questioned by the Secret Service over statements he made at a National Rifle Association rally: "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year." It was widely thought that the "Wango Tango" singer was insinuating that he would attempt to assassinate the President.

Stay classy Teddy. Oh, and say "hi" to Trump when you see him.

Teddy and the Donald: Two nuts in the same limp sack.

What is everyone's experience so far with the republicans? Most of the ones I know are extremely angry. They all watch Fox news and bought into the Fox lies. They seriously believed he would lose.

I tell them that when they are ready, I will tell them why they lost. In some cases, I will have to tell them that they, themselves are the reason.

Someone told me that the complaint among the conservative pundits is that Romney was not far enough to the right on the issues. He only made gains in the polls after he mysteriously became centrist during the debates, in spite of the last two years of painting himself as ultra-conservative.
    Yeah, and many in the public saw through that. People don't want a phony in office with few or no core principles. And, the ones they saw didn't look pretty.

By all rights, the republicans should have won back the presidency. Unemployment is still high, wages are still low. We have a massive debt. While we are doing great on avoiding terrorism on our soil, we have a lot of turmoil in hot spots overseas. And, we have deep partisan division in congress. So, what happened? The far-right radicals did all they could to stop Obama's work, and their supporters offended just about everyone except White men and christian religious nuts. And the absolute worst is trying to suppress the vote of anyone who might vote against their candidates.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-08-2012 at 09:37 PM.