[REMOVE ADS]

Great new movie, "Searching for Sugar Man"

A documentary on a fairly unknown U.S. singer from Detroit named Rodriguez, who released two albums in the early 70's. However, he went on to sell hundreds of thousands in South Africa.

Dennis Coffey helped discover him and I think he produced him, too, and he said he was one of the best talents he'd seen.

Anyway, the documentary plays out like a mystery with people trying to find him and dispute the rumors of his on-stage death. I can't recommend it enough.

Official trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL5TffdOQ7g

I did a post on this a while back. Last Sunday Jess and I saw the movie. Incredible. I recommend this to all. Tsull, Dennis did produce Rodreguez with Mike Theodore and was recorded at Tera Shirma, which Mike mentions in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I did a post on this a while back. Last Sunday Jess and I saw the movie. Incredible. I recommend this to all. Tsull, Dennis did produce Rodreguez with Mike Theodore and was recorded at Tera Shirma, which Mike mentions in the movie.
    Thanks, Ralph. It was very exciting to see Dennis in the movie and know that he worked with Rodriguez. The singer certainly has talent, it's too bad he wasn't bigger in this country, but the story is fascinating. It's a great movie, I really enjoyed it. Mr. Clarence Avante doesn't come across very well in the show, quite defensive when asked about the royalties/money.