[REMOVE ADS]

Come See About Me: The Mary Wilson Supremes Collection

Mary Wilson made an appearance in Philadelphia today for the official announcement of the upcoming African American Museum of Philadelphia exhibit scheduled to begin January 25, 2013. There will be over 30 dresses on exhibit as well as video footage, gold records, album covers, historic photographs, and news stories. One significant gown is the one she wore on the Ed Sullivan Show.

This was not announced until today in Philadelphia although the Detroit news media reported several months ago that the exhibit was going to go to Philadelphia next.

This should be a very worthwhile exhibit to see and hopefully it will very accessible via public transportation, i. e. Amtrak, from major northeast cities along the Northeast Corridor. Further information can obtained through the museum website www.aampmuseum.org.

Here is Mary in Philly at the pre-opening of her exhibit. She is superb as usual:

Now that Mary is finally bringing her exhibition to major U.S. cities, she will be receiving a great deal of press and good for her. Good for new CD sales to boot!

DAMN! Had I only but known...

Went to the Philadelphia Afric. Amer Museum to see Mary's gown collection past sunday the gown collection is still in tact I saw 8 sets of complete gowns, as well as a still video collection of nearly 75 still photos many i have never seen before, plus a video collection of 4 or 5 Supremes clips from the Sullivan show, plus some memoriabilia, It wasn't a Norwin Simmons type expose but it sure was a lot of fun reliving the memories.

I'm definitely seeing this before it ends in August [[it was recently extended). Who is Norwin Simmons?

Norwin Simmons is an advid fan in the Washington DC area who sponsored many Supremes exhibits going back to the late 80's and they have been enorumous, the last few he did were held at the Martin Luther King Library in downtown DC, he was suppose to do one last year but it fell through, and I am sure he will be back again.

I hope he does - sounds great!