[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

Stoned Love is concert entrance music for popular UK Band Stone Roses

Now how great is that? !!!!

supremester Guest
    Really great. No one is singing along but many seem to be digging it - a whole new generation appreciating it. JMC really had some great records. Up The Ladder was the ideal first record and Stoned love was also the ideal Supremes anti war song. This still sounds as good as it did 42.5 years ago. I love jean singing lower like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now how great is that? !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Really great. No one is singing along but many seem to be digging it - a whole new generation appreciating it. JMC really had some great records. Up The Ladder was the ideal first record and Stoned love was also the ideal Supremes anti war song. This still sounds as good as it did 42.5 years ago. I love jean singing lower like this.
    Sounded better than most of the stuff they put out in the 60's to me. Soulful, more hip than the 60's.

smark21 Guest
    Here's an entrance at another performance, this time not a festival

I think it's great! The band could have picked any song out of 1,000's but they chose "Stoned Love" one of best songs/records the Supremes and Motown ever released to be their entrance song. Those people may not have been around when it was released, but maybe some will be curious enough now to want to find it, [[just as I am now curious to learn more about this band!) Great Marketing for Mary, Jean and Cindy.
    Last edited by marv2; 06-11-2013 at 08:31 AM.

smark21 Guest
    Stone Roses emerged from the booming Manchester UK music scene in the 80s. They had a good run until the broke up on the mid 90s. Most of their influences are rock and post punk oriented, but apparently they also like Northern Soul. In 2012 the band got back together for a reunion tour, which is continuing. They were one of the headlines at Coachella this year and will be heading the bill at Isle of Wright fest next month.
    Stoned Love was chosen as their on stage entrance music for the reunion. Makes sense on a variety of levels. I did find a clip of Stoned Love on youtube that a Stone Roses fan made a few months ago. Not too many views, but obviously the choice of the song got a few of their fans to go check out the song.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Stone Roses emerged from the booming Manchester UK music scene in the 80s. They had a good run until the broke up on the mid 90s. Most of their influences are rock and post punk oriented, but apparently they also like Northern Soul. In 2012 the band got back together for a reunion tour, which is continuing. They were one of the headlines at Coachella this year and will be heading the bill at Isle of Wright fest next month.
    Stoned Love was chosen as their on stage entrance music for the reunion. Makes sense on a variety of levels. I did find a clip of Stoned Love on youtube that a Stone Roses fan made a few months ago. Not too many views, but obviously the choice of the song got a few of their fans to go check out the song.
    Thanks for the background information on this band. I like that they appear to just like good music regardless of whether it is classified as Rock, Pop or Soul. I noticed folks in the audience, in the first clip dancing a bit to "Stoned Love". It's simply an appreciation of good music!

Manchester has/had a very active music scene in the 70's and 80's with my favorites Sweet Sensation coming from that areal.

Nice. Stoned Love was a really big hit in the UK too.