Written by Teria Doom

This has been great year for Chazz Dixon! But look at his bio: performing since he was 4, first record deal at 17. EVERYTHING that this singer/songwriter and actor,published journalist, poet, print model and photographer has done is the pinnacle of his success…I heard about Chazz about 4 years ago when I was looking for real school artists to write about in RSP and found De LA Soul Recordsonline. This smooth tenor with a jazzy r&b flavor, knocks it right out of the park with his latest release…Emotional Therapy…

SoulTracks.com

gave Chazz a glowing review on his latest album release “Emotional Therapy”:
“Dixon went to the drawing board and returns with a record that embraces the entirety of his musical identity. Emotional Therapy is classic in its lyricism and its exploration of the topic of love. The record is also forward looking in its use of modern production techniques. In this way, Emotional Therapy pays honor to [[Smokey) Robinson and all of the love men who influenced Dixon while not sounding dated and derivative. That kind of creativity stands as Dixon’s main tribute to Robinson.”

Chazz has had two great mentors in his career Harvey Fuqua and Smokey Robinson.

I had a conversation with my daughter a while back about music. I remarked that music was going back to being “real”. You know, real melodies, real flow, real content. She disagreed with me. As long as we have real school people like Chazz Dixon writing and performing, we have nothing to worry about. Real music will remain intact and on point.

Thank you, Chazz… Not only is he amazing and mentoring the real school preschoolers through his work, he is also grand! My new term for being a grandparent. He’s six grand strong.

Check out his interview on Soulfulconversations with Kevin Goins…

http://realschoolpeople.blogspot.com...ober-2012.html