[REMOVE ADS]

Paul Kelly R.I.P.

It seems that Paul Kelly [["Stealing in the name of the Lord", etc) just passed away [[in SC) after a long illness.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2K2anaTlpU

People are leaving us left and right it seems. So sorry to hear this. Loved "Stealing In The Name Of The Lord" from summer 1970 and I remember exactly where I bought it though the store no longer exists. I also remember that little tiger on the label. RIP Paul Kelly.

Paul Kelly's 1973 album "Don't Burn Me" was one of the best soul albums released in that fabulous decade and is still unreleased on CD.

R.I.P Paul Kelly & condolences to family & friends.

A really great singer and composer.....

here's my absolute favourite

http://mikew-uk.podomatic.com/entry/...23_53_23-07_00

Sad loss...great Southern soul writer and singer...RIP, Paul, and thank you...

Best,

Mark

Does anyone have any details about the death of Paul Kelly? Can't seem to find anything about it other than sketchy details. When did he pass away?

Quote Originally Posted by chalky View Post
    Does anyone have any details about the death of Paul Kelly? Can't seem to find anything about it other than sketchy details. When did he pass away?
    Last Saturday, I believe but I agree that details are hard to come by. His death was initially reported on the southernsoul forum by Jeff Lemlich. Go and have a look there as it gives a bit more information.

I've read the post Jeff put up on Southern Soul, there was very little detail.