[REMOVE ADS]

A Question about Tony Washington of The Dynamic Superiors

Hello All,

I know it's been some time since I've posted let me reintroduce myself:

My name is T.L. Harris and I am from Texas and I've been a member of the forum since 2004. I would like to say hello to those I recognize an welcome to all the new faces here on SDF. On to my question.....Does anyone know when Tony Washington of The Dynamic Superiors passed away? I've been wondering about this for quite sometime, and I haven't been able to find anything about this anywhere. Any answers on this would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you very much,
    T.L. Harris

Amazing how hard it is to find the answer to that question. In the mean time, I LOVE the choreography in this clip. Wish there were more videos available of them

He died in the early 80's

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    He died in the early 80's
    But the "early 80's" is not a date...
    @ TL, I've seen your same question being asked by people all over the internet for years now and never saw a consise answer. I've looked around a number of places like the dead
    musician's site, all music, toby walker's soulwalking, ebony,jet even google and have found
    nothing. It is truly amazing because I can't believe nobody can even give a year;it had to make it to print somewhere....If I do find out I'll post it...

Glencro:

That is a great clip and some of the choreography was indeed great....very underrated group

Thanks Jack020 I was aware that he died in the early 80's but as Splanky said I was looking for something definitive. I have been looking as well for quite sometime as to when Tony Washington passed, but he seems to be the only person of fame that I've searched abour and have never found a date of death which to me seems a bit unusual. I appreciate the response on this thread.

Thanks,
    T.L. Harris

T.L....this is by no means meant as a confirmation but if the writer is right, it places the time of
    Tony's passing as between 80 and 81. I wasn't following DS's career at the time as I watching a rapidly disolving P-Funk. Anyway...

http://theseconddisc.com/2012/06/05/...-arrive-on-cd/

Quote Originally Posted by tl_harris View Post
    Glencro:

That is a great clip and some of the choreography was indeed great....very underrated group

Thanks Jack020 I was aware that he died in the early 80's but as Splanky said I was looking for something definitive. I have been looking as well for quite sometime as to when Tony Washington passed, but he seems to be the only person of fame that I've searched abour and have never found a date of death which to me seems a bit unusual. I appreciate the response on this thread.

Thanks,
    T.L. Harris
    Tony passed away in 1989; I don’t know the month/day.

Tony passed away in 1988; I don’t know the month/day.

Another great performance. Classic Ashford & Simpson production