[REMOVE ADS]

MARTHA WASH Celebrates 30 Years of "Raining Men" On LETTERMAN

For those of you who missed Martha on Letterman last night, its already posted on YouTube. She sang Its Raining Men celebrating 30 years that Paul Schafer and Paul Jabara wrote it and the Weather Girls recorded it.

Martha Wash is to lead singers as the Andantes are to background singers.

Oneof the greatest voices of all times but I've never been a fan of "It's Raining Men". It's funny, I love the Two Tons of Fun albums but did not care for the Weather Girls albums

Try her 1993 album Martha Wash!

Jack020, I love that album by her. I wish she would release another with ballads, r&b and her signature dance tracks.

And her great uncredited performances on Black Box and C&C Music Factory

She is gorgeous. Wasn't she touring with Izora's daughter at one time?

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Oneof the greatest voices of all times but I've never been a fan of "It's Raining Men". It's funny, I love the Two Tons of Fun albums but did not care for the Weather Girls albums
    I totally agree with you Glencro .. in fact I could have written your post!!

I was lucky enough to see a SYLVESTER concert in 1978 [[when SYLVESTER was hot on the charts with "You Make Me Feel Mighty Real"), in Leicester, England, where Martha and her other TWO TONS OF FUN protagenist [[IZORA ARMSTEAD) were on stage as his back-up singers. It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

Roger

People have often asked me "How do you follow an experience like Motown?"

I'm proud to say I recorded the San Francisco Inspirational Choir that Martha Wash and Izora Armstead were soloists in for free!

After Motown life becomes about giving back.