[REMOVE ADS]

RossHolloway Guest

Mirror, Mirror - Live Diana Ross 1981

I cannot believe that this song is over 30 years old now! Today was the first time I've ever seen this clip. Diana had it going on back in the day lol

Gosh, what a treat! Thirty years ago--it doesn't seem possible. I remember seeing it back then but had forgotten how frenetic and frenzied the performance was. A few flubs, a non-existent routine, the worst dance moves of her life--and yet there she is, in great voice, hitting all the notes easily and assuredly. Really remarkable in a variety of ways. Ross H., thank you so much for posting this. Every second of it was a what's-she-gonna-do-next moment. I couldn't quite believe my eyes--from her undressing to her walk-off. Good performance or bad one, she's an explosion of entertainment and talent.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 11-19-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Looking back, Mirror Mirror was one of Diana's strongest songs and has held up well.

I wish she would perform it in concert today.

I thought it was one of her worst....noisy, yelly, dumb lyrics....and I never saw the charm of this performance.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Looking back, Mirror Mirror was one of Diana's strongest songs and has held up well.

I wish she would perform it in concert today.
    She did perform it during her 2010 tour, but when I saw her last fall, I think it had been dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    I thought it was one of her worst....noisy, yelly, dumb lyrics....and I never saw the charm of this performance.
    I'm not a big fan of this performance. But it shows how Diana doesn't fall apart when things go wrong on stage, she goes with the flow. In the end, it still works.

But I think Diana's best performance of MIRROR MIRROR was during her Central Park concert.

I agree that the ultimate performance of Mirror Mirror is the Central Park performance. She whipped the crowd into a frenzy. This performance however, on the Tonight Show, Diana is smokin' hot. One of the reasons many of her peers were haters. Diana Ross was one hot lady back then. The song was new for her and she should have better prepared memorizing the lyrics. But it happens to ALL performers at one time or another. The way her body looked when she kicked off that outer garment, and then they way she bounced away at the end totally make up for any messed up lyrics. Whew... Diana Ross was HOT.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I agree that the ultimate performance of Mirror Mirror is the Central Park performance. She whipped the crowd into a frenzy. This performance however, on the Tonight Show, Diana is smokin' hot. One of the reasons many of her peers were haters. Diana Ross was one hot lady back then. The song was new for her and she should have better prepared memorizing the lyrics. But it happens to ALL performers at one time or another. The way her body looked when she kicked off that outer garment, and then they way she bounced away at the end totally make up for any messed up lyrics. Whew... Diana Ross was HOT.
    I agree with you on how hot she looks in that clip. Hard to believe that she was 37 years old in this performance and had three children at the time.