[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

Nice write up on Jacksons' Show You the way to Go

Interesting article, however as the article is accompanied by a clip from the BBC TV show "Top of The Pops" I think the writer of the article should have checked to see whether the song was a big hit in Britain .. if he had he would have found that it actually got to #1 on the U.K. "Pop" chart on June 25th 1977 ...

I always found the song to be totally irresistable, though even in Britain it doesn't seem to be played much nowadays compared with "Blame It On The Boogie" and "Shake Your Body Down To The Ground".

Roger

While I think of "Show Me The Way To Go" as a stellar recording, I don't think it would have been a good pick as a lead off single. They definitely played their cards right going with "Enjoy Yourself". That's the record that should be put under a microscope.