[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson's new CD

Has anyone heard any news on the release of Mary's new CD?

Mary said in interview Marv just posted that it should be out this month and that it would be titled after the single.

I can't wait. She had some of the best songwriters around in Angelo Bond working on it. I hear that some of the songs are autobiographical. All the musicians on it are from Detroit.

From that interview I'm almost certain she said October.

Yes she did.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    That's great to hear; thanks for sharing nathan; all.

smark21 Guest
    Yes October, but what year? Mary has been plugging this CD for nearly 10 years now. She keeps saying it will be out at this time, and then nothing. I would like to have it out one of these days, sooner, rather than later.

I know what you mean. One of my favorite artists had posted on her website that her next album was coming out "in 2010." Well here we are through most of 2012 and that album has not yet seen the light of day. I am sure there are reasons that we cannot understand, but I sure do miss the good old days when any artist of any popularity at all released an album once a year. Heck, in their heyday, didn't the Supremes sometimes release as many as four in one year, including concept and live albums?

As for this Mary CD, if it does indeed happen, will it be commercially available or only through her website?

I got the single download from amazon. Hopefully we will get an actual cd of the album. I've heard about this album for a long time as well, we'll have to wait and see again.

You're welcome marybrewster.

I hope the CD comes out before I'm sitting on a bedpan in a nursing home. The rate things are going....they'd better hurry!

LOL,Now that's funny Blueskies

Redhot, it is always nice to read your kind words and I see kind intentions behind them.

It's tough to get anything released these days if you are a heritage artist. Aretha Franklin can't get a release and is ignored when she publicly says she wants to be on American Idol.

Mary Wilson didn't have a hit as a single artist; no matter what form it makes it out in, we should count ourselves lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Redhot, it is always nice to read your kind words and I see kind intentions behind them.

It's tough to get anything released these days if you are a heritage artist. Aretha Franklin can't get a release and is ignored when she publicly says she wants to be on American Idol.

Mary Wilson didn't have a hit as a single artist; no matter what form it makes it out in, we should count ourselves lucky.
    There are many established artists and thousands of struggling performers who burn, package and release their own CD's to sell online and at their concerts. It isn't terribly expensive and you get a bigger cut of the profit.

It's exactly like authors who self publish their own books.

Roberta

It's the obvious way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    There are many established artists and thousands of struggling performers who burn, package and release their own CD's to sell online and at their concerts. It isn't terribly expensive and you get a bigger cut of the profit.

It's exactly like authors who self publish their own books.

Roberta
    I agree. I'm watching this reality show on TVOne R&B Divas featuring Faith Evans, Monifah, Syleena Johnson, Keke Wyatt & Nicci Gilbert. None of them were on the level of Whitney Houston but they had some hits. And all of them are going the independent route. So Mary Wilson isn't the only one going that way. I hate downloads though and would like see an actual disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    I agree. I'm watching this reality show on TVOne R&B Divas featuring Faith Evans, Monifah, Syleena Johnson, Keke Wyatt & Nicci Gilbert. None of them were on the level of Whitney Houston but they had some hits. And all of them are going the independent route. So Mary Wilson isn't the only one going that way. I hate downloads though and would like see an actual disc.
    TOTALLY OFF TOPIC, but I saw the name Nicci Gilbert and couldn't figure out why her name sounded so familar. Well, duh, both she and Faith Evans were once cast in the "Flo Ballard Movie".

Here's a "tweet" from Nicci, around this time, last year:

Detroit native Nicci Gilbert had some interesting tweets last week about the upcoming Florence Ballard biopic that Faith Evans had signed onto.

Gilbert, a member of the 1990s R&B trio Brownstone and stage play actress and producer, was cast in the film but tweeted that she, Evans and directors Martha Coolidge and Bille Woodruff were no longer attached to the project. [[Six degrees of separation alert: Gilbert produced a play, "Soul Kittens Cabaret," starring Evans, "American Idol" winner Fantasia and fellow Detroiter Tondy Gallant.)

"Faith Evans, Billie Woodruff, Martha Coolidge and I walked away from the Florence Ballard 'Blondie' film. None of us were fired...I debated posting about this Florence 'Blondie' Ballard Film mess because I didnt want to highlight ignorance but be warned. No disrepect to Florence Ballards legacy or her family, who were unaware the "producers" of the project are #FRAUDS," she wrote.

Now, according to IMDB, actress Jurnee Smollett [["Eve's Bayou," "The Great Debaters,") is rumored to be stepping into the role of the ousted Supreme with "Real Housewife of Atlanta"/Xscape singer Kandi Burruss [[who visited Detroit recently) playing her older sister, Maxine. Adrien Brody -- no stranger to biopics about soul music -- is rumored to be playing Peter Benjaminson, the author behind the film's source material

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    TOTALLY OFF TOPIC, but I saw the name Nicci Gilbert and couldn't figure out why her name sounded so familar. Well, duh, both she and Faith Evans were once cast in the "Flo Ballard Movie".

Here's a "tweet" from Nicci, around this time, last year:

Detroit native Nicci Gilbert had some interesting tweets last week about the upcoming Florence Ballard biopic that Faith Evans had signed onto.

Gilbert, a member of the 1990s R&B trio Brownstone and stage play actress and producer, was cast in the film but tweeted that she, Evans and directors Martha Coolidge and Bille Woodruff were no longer attached to the project. [[Six degrees of separation alert: Gilbert produced a play, "Soul Kittens Cabaret," starring Evans, "American Idol" winner Fantasia and fellow Detroiter Tondy Gallant.)

"Faith Evans, Billie Woodruff, Martha Coolidge and I walked away from the Florence Ballard 'Blondie' film. None of us were fired...I debated posting about this Florence 'Blondie' Ballard Film mess because I didnt want to highlight ignorance but be warned. No disrepect to Florence Ballards legacy or her family, who were unaware the "producers" of the project are #FRAUDS," she wrote.

Now, according to IMDB, actress Jurnee Smollett [["Eve's Bayou," "The Great Debaters,") is rumored to be stepping into the role of the ousted Supreme with "Real Housewife of Atlanta"/Xscape singer Kandi Burruss [[who visited Detroit recently) playing her older sister, Maxine. Adrien Brody -- no stranger to biopics about soul music -- is rumored to be playing Peter Benjaminson, the author behind the film's source material
    Nicci Gilbert and Faith Evans are friends and colleagues in Atlanta. The R&B Divas shows Nicci is somewhat of a diva too. She's got a mouth and lots of attitude. Isn't she also Clay McMurray's daughter?

No! not a peep.maybe her Motto is always keep them guessing.
    Has anyone heard any news on the release of Mary's new CD?

No! Not a Peep, Maybe Her Motto Is Always Keep Them Guessing.

October is here! Bring on the new CD!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Nicci Gilbert and Faith Evans are friends and colleagues in Atlanta. The R&B Divas shows Nicci is somewhat of a diva too. She's got a mouth and lots of attitude. Isn't she also Clay McMurray's daughter?
    Yes, Nicci is Clay's daughter.

I gave up on understand this a long time ago.

From Wiki: 2011: Life's Been Good to Me [[Release date pending)

I gave up on understand this a long time ago.

From Wiki: 2011: Life's Been Good to Me [[Release date pending)
    There must some issues with getting this cd released because Mary self produced a dvd and cd of her Up Close jazz show. If I'm not mistaken this was done [[Up CLose) after she recorded the Holland project.

Hurray! Only 2 weeks left in October; this must mean this is being released any day now!

Hurray! Only 2 weeks left in October; this must mean this is being released any day now!
    LOL. October but what decade? Mary's been talking about this new album for about 8 years now. Surely she can self release this. Tons of other artists and authors do.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    LOL. October but what decade? Mary's been talking about this new album for about 8 years now. Surely she can self release this. Tons of other artists and authors do.

Roberta
    Just 9 days left in the month!

That's great to hear; thanks for sharing nathan; all
    http://www.centplay.com/affiliate/id_138/
    Last edited by peterr89; 10-23-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Yes October, but what year? Mary has been plugging this CD for nearly 10 years now.
    LOL.

Yeah I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket on this one. As nice as it would be to have another CD of hers, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Forget it, she ain't putting it out. LOL

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Forget it, she ain't putting it out. LOL
    I tend to agree at this point. The newest google info is from 2010 including her website. Love Mary, always have but she should either know or she doesn't. Very poor promotion. I like the single though.

Laughing my a-- off.

Maybe she has decided to delay the release to coincide with her movie premier. Like a JLO move, so she can debut at number one at the box office and on the music charts. Maybe she is still negotiating the release. The only problem with this is that we all know that Mary has poor negotiating skills.

She should make these tracks available on her website. I don't know why she would want a record company to release this. She would be better off financially if she were to cutout the middle man.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Maybe she has decided to delay the release to coincide with her movie premier.....
    Or maybe to coincide with the release of the coffee table book that she has been talking about for over a decade. She even got pictures sent in from fans [[including me) for the book. It will probably never be, but she was talking about it and her soon to be released CD again in a recent interview. I have requested to be buried with my reading glasses and an MP3 player, because I will be long gone by the time that the CD and book are released and I don't want to miss them.

Yeah, I think she will tie it in with something else like maybe her gown exhibit which is coming back to the USA. Or the book. She should sell it at her shows. She would sell more that way.

LOL at you Milven
    Please stay positive

Dare to Dream!

Penny