[REMOVE ADS]

Steamboat-the drifters

Haaa,talk about a rockin good time this fifties classic is a killer with the great[gerhart thrasher]on lead,for those of you with the song play it and groove for those of you who haven't heard it find a copy and sail on the rockin[steamboat]with the drifters!!!

Here's an assist, arrr&bee:

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    here's an assist, arrr&bee:
    jerry,you da man!!

Listening to a Drifters collection is a great way to spend an afternoon. You could go from the beginning of the group's history to the end and each of their line-ups were well produced and created memorable hits. Heck, I was born in '62 and I'm a huuuuge Drifters fan. Although I'm a little partial to the Clyde McPhatter songs, later recordings [["Up On the Roof", "On Broadway", "Stand By Me", "Under the Boardwalk", etc.) cement them as my favorite Silver Age soul band.

Rudy Lewis was the MAN!

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  21.1 KB
    The "A" side, "Adorable" is one of my all-time favourite songs by ANY artist/group, and the reason I bought that record, when it first came out. I got a bonus, when I played the flip and heard "Steamboat".

I have their 3 cd compilation set and it is fantastic! Was listening to it just last week. My favs are Rudy Lewis, Johnny Moore and Clyde. [[Not sure in which order though, it's too hard to judge, imo.) Love One Way Love by Rudy and all of Johnny Moore's leads.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    I have their 3 cd compilation set and it is fantastic! Was listening to it just last week. My favs are Rudy Lewis, Johnny Moore and Clyde. [[Not sure in which order though, it's too hard to judge, imo.) Love One Way Love by Rudy and all of Johnny Moore's leads.
    You guys are proving me right about how great the Drifters were. Nobody has even listed Ben E. King yet and he's the most famous lead singer of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    you guys are proving me right about how great the drifters were. Nobody has even listed ben e. King yet and he's the most famous lead singer of the group.
    haa,hey jerry you get no argument from me,my fav from the drifters is[i count the tears] which happens to be a lead from ben e.king.