[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The LP was not promoted at all in the Washington DC area. In fact, I didn't even know of its existence until 4 months after the album was released. I came across it in a record store in Georgetown, buried in the "S" section - and it was the only copy there.

Call me crazy, but the thing I liked about the LP was the mix of solo and duo performances. For my money, there isn't a bad track on the entire LP. I still think Storybook Romance could have been a hit. I'm looking forward to finally having all of the tracks on cd.

Interesting because I remember walking into J & R Music on Park Row in NYC and it was displayed right in the front with all the new albums.
    But that could have been the taste of the record buyer for the store.

Amazon [[US) currently has this listed for $21.74.

Still listed on Amazon [[US) for $21.74. This release is just around the corner. Has anyone pre-ordered? Has anyone found a better price? I can't tell you how exicted I am for this.

Instead of Scherrie and Susaye I always wanted to call this LP Sweet and Sexy. They could sing, write and produce. I am going to say this one more time ....."I Found Another Love" was the hidden gem on this LP.

BLowitouttahere always has great prices. I have to remember to browse their site more often to compare. Their "Complete Motown Singles Vol. 12B" is only $72.42 compared to Amazon's $97.05!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    BLowitouttahere always has great prices. I have to remember to browse their site more often to compare. Their "Complete Motown Singles Vol. 12B" is only $72.42 compared to Amazon's $97.05!
    Yes, I've purchased from them for a long time. I buy a lot of classical music there....best prices and nice folks to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Ordered from Dusty Grooves but they sent me an e-mail saying they were sold out. I just pre-ordered from Blowitoutahere so I hope it gets through!

My copy arrived from CD Japan [[with some others)....and it was really cheap too. The packaging was wonderful too. I live in the UK.

Dusty Groove has it listed as SOLD OUT!
    Blowitoutahere has it listed as BACKORDERED.

I just ordered my copy from CDJapan. There are 5 left.

Good luck!

alanbill1074 Guest
    Had it on order from Amazon UK since August and now listed as out of stock. Very disappointing that ordering months in advance didn't secure a copy yet.

Quote Originally Posted by alanbill1074 View Post
    Had it on order from Amazon UK since August and now listed as out of stock. Very disappointing that ordering months in advance didn't secure a copy yet.
    Amazon UK release date is now 9th December.

Back in stock at Dusty Groove. $13.99

Thank you, blue skies! I've been checking daily and just snagged a copy. It sold out almost immediately last time.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Thank you, blue skies! I've been checking daily and just snagged a copy. It sold out almost immediately last time.
    You bet, thanxal. I grabbed my copy this time, too!

Blowitoutahere.com originally told me my order was backordered but I got an e-mail yesterday that it had shipped. Will be very happy when it arrives.

Wow....Dusty Groove SOLD OUT again....after only one day....again.

They probably only get a limited amount of CD's to sell. So they sell out fast. Anyone who wants a copy has to be quick.

Truly the S & S part of the The Supremes at their best. What more can I say ? I love these ladies and they are and what represented the essence of Supremacy.

I received mine in the mail from CDJapan. Packaged well. In fact, no cracking whatsoever on the case, which is typically rare coming from the US, let alone Japan.

It's a pretty straight forward release; no bonus tracks, no extra photos. There are pages of liner notes, which, unfortunately, are in Japanese. The only translatable words are "Mary" "Scherrie" "Susaye" "Jean" Cindy" and "Supremes". I assume "Mary" is mentioned as this was Scherrie and Susaye's first release after the disbanding of the Supremes. "Jean" and "Cindy" are mentioned, in what I think is mention of the FLOs.

It's quite lengthy; I'd love to know what it says.

Regardless, this is one release worth getting. Finally available for the first time on CD and it seems to be selling out everywhere.

I'm so happy fans of Scherrie and Susaye [[myself included) can finally enjoy "Partners".

I got mine from Dusty Groove, yesterday. I hadn't heard it in years. Nice to have it back. I, too, wish I could read those liner notes. I don't remember what the LP liner notes said and if these were somehow different? Whatever, a worthwhile addition to anyone's Supremes collection.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    I I don't remember what the LP liner notes said and if these were somehow different?
    Just lyrics. No inserts, although my LP is a promo copy so any inserts may have been omitted.

Obviously, we had nothing to do with the release but I'm happy it's been reissued. I know some were disappointed that there were no extras. For the record, Harry offered bonus tracks, additional photos and new quotes by Scherrie and Susaye for this release but the company declined. I think it had to do with keeping the cost down...

George, this is very sad news as the bonus tracks and better notes is what this release deserved. I'll keep with my lp to CD burner copy I have now. Maybe some day???

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Obviously, we had nothing to do with the release but I'm happy it's been reissued. I know some were disappointed that there were no extras. For the record, Harry offered bonus tracks, additional photos and new quotes by Scherrie and Susaye for this release but the company declined. I think it had to do with keeping the cost down...
    Thanks for the information, George. It's a shame this wasn't given a "proper" treatment. Seeing as this one is selling out so quickly, perhaps this was something Hip-O Select [[Motown/Universal ??) should have thought twice [[or thrice) about. It's the holiday season and everyone is chomping at the bit for something new, especially since the last "Supremes-related" release [[I believe) was October of 2012. But I suppose it's "coulda, shoulda, woulda". And yes, I know it's not always about the Supremes.....but it should be!

And I agree with you; I am happy it's been reissued. I wonder if there is any talk at Universal/Japan of releasing "Mary Wilson". Seems logical to me. Both "Partners" and Mary's solo debut make a great continuation/companion pieces to the "Let Yourself Go: Final Sessions" set from 2011. That is still one of my most favorite releases you have ever done. Have I ever thanked you for it? Well, thank you. xo

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Both "Partners" and Mary's solo debut make a great continuation/companion pieces to the "Let Yourself Go: Final Sessions" set from 2011. Well, thank you. xo
    You know what would be really cool? A mini box set called "Let Me Go The Right Way": a collection of the first solo [[ish) album made by former members of the Supremes. I count five [[Flo's work with ABC, Diana Ross, Jean Terrell, Mary Wilson and Scherrie/Susaye). To my knowledge none of the other Supremes released a solo album. Bonus tracks could include Dancing Room by Cindy Birdsong. Didn't Lynda release a single or two as well?
    Last edited by thanxal; 12-04-2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: forgot Flo! Gasp!

Lynda had her own album as "Norma". 5 of the 6 tracks were Lynda. The 6th track was Norma Lewis. Those songs are on CD.

Is this the Norma Lewis? I've heard about that for years about 1/2 being ?
    Last edited by blueskies; 12-04-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Yes, and that's the CD too!

smark21 Guest
    Why did Lynda rename herself Norma Lewis? It's not a very attractive name, rather frumpy actually and Lynda has never been frumpy.

I thought Norma Lewis was a British singer? Found this on the internet.
    http://www.discomusic.com/forums/sho...a-Lewis-A-Fake

Lynda didn't change her name. Rather, she recorded the leads on all but one of the songs on the Norma album.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Ordered mine last night and it shipped today. $15.74 with tax and s&h.

UK release date has now been delayed until 16th December. Not unusual with imports.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    Lynda didn't change her name. Rather, she recorded the leads on all but one of the songs on the Norma album.
    Why would Lynda record leads for someone else's album? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    George, this is very sad news as the bonus tracks and better notes is what this release deserved. I'll keep with my lp to CD burner copy I have now. Maybe some day???
    I would only buy this release if it had extras. Although I think the girls sound great, I think the album suffers from having only original material and no real duets. I played the LP lately and as I recall, it was all solo songs by either Sherrie or Susaye. I wanted to like it, especially after reading what some of the members here said in praise of the album, but to me it just isn't that memorable when all is said and done.

I don't think there was a Norma Lewis. I think 3 different people recorded as Norma Lewis. Lynda told me she was asked to tour and she said "no."

"Leaving me ..." was a duet.

@johnny_raven,

Thanks for the answers. I'm going to listen to the album again. Of course, you know how much I love Susaye's voice. "High Energy" and "Come Into My Life" are my two favorite post-Diane Supremes numbers. And I have her CDs and even a T-shirt, thanks to you!

http://www.dustygroove.com/search.php?s=Scherrie+Susaye Dusty Groove has sold out for the 3rd time! Can you imagine how it would have sold if they did have the added tracks and liner notes by Scherrie and Susaye!

Amazon is taking orders, that's where I'm getting my copy of "Partners" from..

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Why would Lynda record leads for someone else's album? I don't get it.
    She [[and her sister) have a knack for assuming the identities of others..........

I've had this album, "Partners" for something like 34 years and have only listen to it once! The only song I can now vaguely remember is "Luv Bug" the Ray Charles and Susaye Greene duet.

For anyone who has not seen this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjzhNEgj5YQ

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    For anyone who has not seen this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjzhNEgj5YQ
    Wow, what a great clip! The girls look and sound great. Susaye's smile is irridescent and Scherrie is her usual gorgeous self. Nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I've had this album, "Partners" for something like 34 years and have only listen to it once! The only song I can now vaguely remember is "Luv Bug" the Ray Charles and Susaye Greene duet.
    Me too. It never did hit with me. I really wanted to love this album and bought it when if first came out. I don't even remember any of the songs. I did order it from CDJapan and will give it another listen when It arrives.