[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I'm glad they included the live show. Seems like it was a good show with a mix of the hits and standards. This seems to be more of a real concert.

Here is the write-up about the expanded edition from The Second Disc blog -

http://theseconddisc.com/2012/09/19/...-hip-o-select/

lookn 4ward 2 this cd as well, just ordered mine. now if only BABY ITS ME was coming but i suppose we will see this cd soon after the first of the year? maybe. thanks Andy,George,Harry.
    the COPA cd is amazing.totally done with class,as usual

I recieved a response from Amazon catalog department that they reviewed my correction and have changed "I Heard.." to "I Hear A Symphony"..whew...took long enough...lol

Did anyone get shipping confirmation for Hip-O Select yet since they list today as the ship date?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Did anyone get shipping confirmation for Hip-O Select yet since they list today as the ship date?
    No, I haven't! I have been hoping for that email all morning

RossHolloway Guest
    I haven't gotten confirmation on shipping yet, but they did charge my account two days ago, so my fingers are crossed that its here early next week.

I'm confused about the Roostertail Show [[although I'm really looking forward to it) I always thought this was the show where Flo had a sore throat or whatever and said she couldn't sing "People" and therefore the "Symphony" medley was added in place of it.

Looking forward to this exciting release. Just wonder whether the live recordings of I Hear A Symphony and You Can't Hry Love are the same as the ones released on the "An Evening With The Supremes" bonus disc of The Supremes box set, as they seem to be from the same show and the same year. Great to hear to entire Roostertail Show though...

Motown recorded both of the Supremes shows that night. We deliberately chose the performance of "You Can't Hurry Love" that wasn't included on the bonus box set disc. Of course they are similar since they were recorded hours apart but Diana's introduction is different. It's also not the same "I Hear A Symphony". The version on the box set is from The Copa 1967.

Thanks again for the information George

Many times I got the just shipped email from HipO after I received the product

Thanks George for that information... exciting to have an alternate live version of You Can't Hurry Love...

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Motown recorded both of the Supremes shows that night. We deliberately chose the performance of "You Can't Hurry Love" that wasn't included on the bonus box set disc. Of course they are similar since they were recorded hours apart but Diana's introduction is different. It's also not the same "I Hear A Symphony". The version on the box set is from The Copa 1967.
    Hi George,
    I'm just curious. Other than ''You Can't Hurry Love", will the show that we'll be hearing be the complete performance of either the first or second show that night, or will we be receiving songs drawn from both presentations that night?

The line up from show one to show two varied slightly so we made sure to include EVERY song they sang in both shows.

We're so lucky to have real Supremes fans putting these collections together...thanks for all your loving care and keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    We're so lucky to have real Supremes fans putting these collections together...thanks for all your loving care and keep up the great work!
    That is the best thing, that we have people who actually know what they're doing working on these releases!

My apologies for the delay: just wanted to thank Harry and Andy and George and the rest of the "gang" for another 'supreme' release.

I finally placed my order this morning; can't want to visit all of the gems this has to offer.

This will probably be mentioned in MJ's "Nighflight" interview, but am curious: who from the "inside" was interviewed for the packaging on "IHAS"? I would assume Mary, since she's always lent her expertice, but anyone else?

Also: I think Andy [[?) or George [[?) mentioned that Mary and Diana typically receive "advance" copies of these expanded editions: do Flo's daughters as well? How about other Supremes, like Scherrie and Susaye?

Hello from Amazon.com, Thank you for using the Catalog Update Form to send suggestions for I Hear A Symphony ASIN: B00975L576 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We have accepted the following suggestion[[s). They will appear online within the next two to three business days. Title Current value: I Heard a Symphony Your suggestion: I Hear a Symphony -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We appreciate you taking time to submit a correction and helping us keep our catalog accurate for our customers.

Thx much for info. I was going to buy for the live show but I have the other one and need to watch my pennies!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thx much for info. I was going to buy for the live show but I have the other one and need to watch my pennies!!
    You just made #2001 a very happy camper!

I predict this will be SOLD OUT, and very shortly we'll have them popping up on eBay for a premium price.

I hope I don't hear any cryin' over "I Hear a Symphony" when it's $129.99!

LOLzzzzz.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    You just made #2001 a very happy camper!

I predict this will be SOLD OUT, and very shortly we'll have them popping up on eBay for a premium price.

I hope I don't hear any cryin' over "I Hear a Symphony" when it's $129.99!

LOLzzzzz.
    Like he was going to buy this release anyway.

When I first heard the Supremes version of "A Lover's Concerto" I missed the instrumental break in the middle of the song that was in The Toys version. I told Andy about this. Can you imagine how surprised we were when we found out the Supremes version DID have an instrumental break but they just didn't release that version? I'm so glad to finally have it on this new collection after all these years.

RossHolloway Guest
    George - I think you, HW and Andy have the best jobs in the entire world.

We don't always get to do things exactly the way we would like to but it's really nice to present things to people who really appreciate these gems. I understand everything may not be for the "casual" fans but, boy... those of us who want to have it all!

Thx for concern. LOLOLOLzzz[[?) Wish I could afford it but feel better knowing I got the other one. Thx for your concern!

Still no confirmation from anyone that this has shipped?

Waiting is always the hard part when it comes to these things, isn't it? [[LOL) I rarely get confirmations and when I do the CD has already arrived. I will be surprised [[unpleasantly) if it isn't delivered today however...

I wrote to Hipo today because my VISA card was charged last week, now the charge has been removed and every time I look at my order on their website it says "IN PROCESS" although the website also states SITE SHIP DATE: 9/21/2012[/U][/B]. Normally I order from Amazon, when I can, but since there were only 2,000 copies didn't want to miss out.

Keeping my fingers crossed for delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by motownlover1964 View Post
    I wrote to Hipo today because my VISA card was charged last week, now the charge has been removed and every time I look at my order on their website it says "IN PROCESS" although the website also states SITE SHIP DATE: 9/21/2012[/U][/B]. Normally I order from Amazon, when I can, but since there were only 2,000 copies didn't want to miss out.

Keeping my fingers crossed for delivery.
    Same thing happened to me. I emailed their customer service to inquire on an expected ship date. No answer yet.

I wrote yesterday as well. I did get a response that they were "contacting the warehouse." Has anybody received their copy? The release date was supposed to be the 21st.

Nope, and I paid for rush shipping.

Add not being able to get through to Hip-O's 800 number to their lack of communication. No one I know personally has received IHAS yet, and no one has posted that they have. Usually I'm okay with Hip-O, but this is their Achilles Heel they just don’t communicate very well with their customers. And in this particular case that really stands out. First they promote IHAS on twitter etc., print a firm release date [[also dropping a bomb that less than half the usual number of copies will be available). Then they can’t meet their own release date and refuse to communicate to their customers why they can’t, or when we can expect them to come through. This is really starting to stink.
    Last edited by sophisticated_soul; 09-26-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Guess we're all in the same boat so that's somewhat "comforting" if you will. You would think Hipo would put an announcement on their website at the very least.

Well, Amazon posted today sound clips from the album. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/I-Hear-Symphon...ear+a+Symphony

There is only one answer to this entire Hip-O Select fiasco: Shantel Baker strikes again.

Only if she and Pearlie took part time jobs in Hip-O Selects shipping department and they reenacted the classic conveyor belt fiasco scene from I Love Lucy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Only if she and Pearlie took part time jobs in Hip-O Selects shipping department and they reenacted the classic conveyor belt fiasco scene from I Love Lucy.....
    That's exactly what happened!! haha

lol. Shantel is selling the stolen copies of "I Hear A Symphony" out of the back of her truck in a Wal-Mart parking lot, as we speak.

Just listened to the samples on Amazon, and have to say that He's All I Got and Lovers Concerto sound great in stereo. Expected to see Strangers In The Night on there somewhere, and some unreleased studio tracks would have been nice [[I guess there's nothing left). However, the Roostertail show sounds brilliant, and dare I say, better than the Copa. Can't wait to get this...

Wayne

i remember last cd{copa}, i didnt get a email stating that the cd was sent out but a week later i got the cd,just before the Midnite johnny show. i am hoping to have my cd by this monday,maybe.we;; i am hoping.looking 4ward to this cd.
    thank you George,Andy ,Harry and everyone who is envolved with these projects. you keep the legacy alive with great love ,respect and class.

Well, I got a reply to my email from Hip-O Select asking about when my copy would ship. Just received this a couple of hours ago: "The products release date changed, therefore, there has been a delay with your order. Please note, your order will be shipping out within the next 24 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience." Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish46 View Post
    Well, I got a reply to my email from Hip-O Select asking about when my copy would ship. Just received this a couple of hours ago: "The products release date changed, therefore, there has been a delay with your order. Please note, your order will be shipping out within the next 24 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience." Let's keep our fingers crossed!
    I received the same e-mail response today as well.

Oh my god! The Roostertail show is off the chain! You can HEAR Mary and Flo and on the People soundclip its truly a Flo Ballard lead! I love the Copa but this is even better. Andy and George you have outdone yourselves. Miss Ross is in fine form as well.

The "Sound Bites" on Amazon are really beautiful! The BEST news is that my Hipo Order status new says "Shipped!" YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I received my email shipping confirmation from Hip-o fifteen minutes ago. Shipped today.

I got an e-mail saying it was shipped yesterday and it arrived today! I love the new extended 2012 mix of "My World Is Empty Without You"!

Got my copy in the mail today! Can't wait to check it out later...thanks again, George & Andy!

Got mine today too!! Thanks Harry, Andy & George!! It's beautiful!!! Well worth the wait!

Haven't made it to the 2nd disc yet [[love the Supremes, but not a huge fan of recorded live performances in general). But...that 2012 mix of I Hear a Symphony, to me, is worth the purchase price alone! Ahh, those heavenly strings at the beginning.....