[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I hope this means we'll be getting another terrific MIDNIGHT JOHNNY show focusing on this release soon - can't wait!

The Oct. 9th Nightflight's guests, Andy Skurow & George Solomon, will preview and share tidbits about the "I Hear A Symphony" expanded edition.

Great - thanks, cc!

It sure would be nice to get a tracklist of this set before the show tomorrow night...

Just posted on Hip-O!
    http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.publi...8-8704B89DCE2C

Disc One
    1. Stranger In Paradise
    2. Yesterday
    3. I Hear A Symphony
    4. Unchained Melody
    5. With A Song In My Heart
    6. Without A Song
    7. My World Is Empty Without You
    8. A Lover’s Concerto
    9. Any Girl In Love [[Knows What I’m Going Through)
    10. Wonderful, Wonderful
    11. Everything Is Good About You
    12. He’s All I Got
    13. Stranger In Paradise
    14. Yesterday
    15. I Hear A Symphony
    16. Unchained Melody
    17. With A Song In My Heart
    18. Without A Song
    19. My World Is Empty Without You
    20. A Lover’s Concerto
    21. Any Girl In Love [[Knows What I’m Going Through)
    22. Wonderful, Wonderful
    23. Everything Is Good About You
    24. He’s All I Got
    25. All Of Sudden My Heart Sings [[2012 Mix)
    26. I Hear A Symphony [[2012 Mix Of Single Vocal)
    27. My World Is Empty Without You [[2012 Mix)

Disc Two
    1. A Lover’s Concerto [[Alternate Version)
    2. Unchained Melody [[Alternate Version)
    3. Wonderful, Wonderful [[Alternate Version)
    4. Overture
    5. Come See About Me
    6. With A Song In My Heart/Stranger In Paradise/Wonderful, Wonderful/Unchained Melody/Without A Song
    7. Baby Love
    8. Make Someone Happy/Time After Time
    9. More
    10. Yesterday
    11. Back In My Arms Again
    12. People
    13. My World Is Empty Without You
    14. Michelle
    15. You Can’t Hurry Love
    16. Queen Of The House
    17. Let There Be Love
    18. Somewhere
    19. I Hear A Symphony
    20. You Send Me [[I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons/Cupid/Chain Gang/Bring It On Home To Me/Shake
    21. Stop! In The Name Of Love
    22. Introductions
    23. You’re Nobody ’Til Somebody Loves You

Disc 1, tracks 1-12: Original Mono LP
    Disc 1, tracks 13-24: Original Stereo LP; with tracks 13-14, 16-21, 23-24 previously unreleased on CD
    Disc 1, tracks 25-27: previously unreleased mixes

Disc 2, tracks 1-23: previously unreleased
    Disc 2, tracks 4-23: Recorded Live at the Roostertail

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Just posted on Hip-O!
    http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.publi...8-8704B89DCE2C

Disc One
    1. Stranger In Paradise
    2. Yesterday
    3. I Hear A Symphony
    4. Unchained Melody
    6. Without A Song
    8. A Lover’s Concerto
    10. Wonderful, Wonderful
    12. He’s All I Got
    13. Stranger In Paradise
    14. Yesterday
    15. I Hear A Symphony
    16. Unchained Melody
    18. Without A Song
    20. A Lover’s Concerto
    22. Wonderful, Wonderful
    24. He’s All I Got
    25. All Of Sudden My Heart Sings [[2012 Mix)
    26. I Hear A Symphony [[2012 Mix Of Single Vocal)
    27. My World Is Empty Without You [[2012 Mix)

Disc Two
    4. Overture
    5. Come See About Me
    6. With A Song In My Heart/Stranger In Paradise/Wonderful, Wonderful/Unchained Melody/Without A Song
    7. Baby Love
    9. More
    10. Yesterday
    12. People
    14. Michelle
    15. You Can’t Hurry Love
    16. Queen Of The House
    17. Let There Be Love
    18. Somewhere
    19. I Hear A Symphony
    20. You Send Me [[I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons/Cupid/Chain Gang/Bring It On Home To Me/Shake
    22. Introductions

Disc 1, tracks 13-24: Original Stereo LP; with tracks 13-14, 16-21, 23-24 previously unreleased on CD

THE Roostertail show? [[faints)

Yes, it's a recording if their show performed at the Roostertail. Maybe my memory is fading ..... Is there something memorable about this particular show? Of course, I am glad to have anything previously unreleased.

My, my, only 2,000 copies. Numbers sure are getting smaller.

Please let that version of "People" be the one that Flo sang lead on, so we can get that out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    My, my, only 2,000 copies. Numbers sure are getting smaller.
    It means either 'Get it while you can' or points to someone merely carrying the number of copies over from this release
    http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.publi...7-99626310086F
    I'd bet on the second as the "At The Copa" release blurb didn't list a number of copies available.
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 09-17-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Please let that version of "People" be the one that Flo sang lead on, so we can get that out of the way.
    From the Hip-O-Select announcement:
    People,” which has lead vocals by all three Supremes: Diana Ross, Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson.

RossHolloway Guest
    Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Yes, it's a recording if their show performed at the Roostertail. Maybe my memory is fading ..... Is there something memorable about this particular show? Of course, I am glad to have anything previously unreleased.
    When Andy Skurow & George Solomon were on Nightflight premiering the "At the Copa" expanded edition, they made mention of discovering the tape of a Roostertail show recorded about a year after the Copa debut. They indicated that the show presented the Supremes as having grown professionally as vocalists and performers. I'm assuming that this is the show as the Hip-O blurb gives the date of the Roostertail Show as September 1966.

RossHolloway Guest
    I'm not taking chances of this selling out before it hits Amazon, so I just went ahead and pre-ordered the set.

Harry, Andy or George? Is it true that it is only 2,000 copies?

I am really thrilled to get this release! The "IHAS" album FINALLY all in stereo [[and hopefully with those tinny sounding strings cleaned up!!)
    The extra of the Sept 1966 Roostertail show is tremendous. If you think of their live released recordings: "The Supremes at the Copa" and the "DRATS at TOTT" this Roostertail performance is the bridge smack in between those two "eras" in the evolving of Supremes stage act. And for the home town crowd, No "Hit medleys" all [[execpt WDOLG) full versions of their top 10 hits. I would suspect that this performance was one of the first times the "Symphony album medley" was performed, as they had only just done it on the Ed Sullivan show after they perfromed "You Can't Hurry Love." Can't wait to hear this one..hopefully in my hands by next week!!!!

Any Mary/Flo solos? Any price variations? Checking now.

It's a dollar cheaper on amazon and Mary, Flo and DIana all have leads on People. So I guess after the Copa, Flo got some of the lead back!?

[QUOTE=luke;123863 Any price variations? Checking now.[/QUOTE]

If you're in the U.S., this seems to be the best deal, even after handling & shipping charges
    http://www.importcds.com/Music/25001...-A-Symphony-CD

A close second is
    http://www.deepdiscount.com/cd/SUPRE...EAR-A-SYMPHONY

HomeCatalogueApparelFriends & AffiliatesContactFine Art Prints
    Newsletter
    What's in Store

The Supremes
    I Hear A Symphony: Expanded Edition

Disc One
    1. Stranger In Paradise
    2. Yesterday
    3. I Hear A Symphony
    4. Unchained Melody
    6. Without A Song
    8. A Lover’s Concerto
    10. Wonderful, Wonderful
    12. He’s All I Got
    13. Stranger In Paradise
    14. Yesterday
    15. I Hear A Symphony
    16. Unchained Melody
    18. Without A Song
    20. A Lover’s Concerto
    22. Wonderful, Wonderful
    24. He’s All I Got
    25. All Of Sudden My Heart Sings 2012 Mix
    26. I Hear A Symphony 2012 Mix Of Single Vocal
    27. My World Is Empty Without You 2012 Mix
    Disc Two
    4. Overture
    5. Come See About Me
    7. Baby Love
    9. More
    10. Yesterday
    12. People
    14. Michelle
    15. You Can’t Hurry Love
    16. Queen Of The House
    17. Let There Be Love
    18. Somewhere
    19. I Hear A Symphony
    22. Introductions
    Price: $39.98
    Pre-Sale Item!

SITE PRE-SALE DATE: 9/14/2012
    SITE SHIP DATE: 9/21/2012

LIMITED EDITION QUANTITY: 2000 Copies

In our continuing series of reissued and expanded Motown albums comes another 2-CD edition of a Supremes classic: I Hear A Symphony, a top ten Pop album and No. 1 R&B chart album in 1965. The limited edition set includes the original mono and stereo editions of the album —with the TRUE stereo version of the LP available for the first time ever on CD — that feature the smash hits “I Hear A Symphony” and “My World Is Empty Without You,” as well as the standards “Stranger In Paradise” and “With A Song In My Heart”; and covers of the Beatles’ “Yesterday,” the Righteous Brothers’ “Unchained Melody” and the Toys’ “A Lover’s Concerto.” [[Fans will note that the mono edition of the album features alternate vocals of the better-known “stereo” LP.) Then there are the amazing bonus tracks…

I Hear A Symphony: Expanded Edition contains several more extra goodies: alternate vocals and extended mixes, and an additional song “All Of A Sudden [[My Heart Sings),” recorded for but not included on the original album. Disc Two contains a complete and spectacular unreleased live show recorded at Detroit’s famed Roostertail. The September 1966 performance features seven songs from I Hear A Symphony; full versions of Supremes hits “Stop! In The Name Of Love,” “Back In My Arms Again” and “Come See About Me,” among others; plus more standards, among them their show-stoppers “Somewhere,” “You’re Nobody ’Til Somebody Loves You” and “People,” which has lead vocals by all three Supremes: Diana Ross, Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson.

Rounding the set out is a beautiful 20-page booklet with rare and never-before-seen photos, an essay by reissue co-producer George Solomon and the continuing Supremes timeline by co-producer Andrew Skurow.

Price: $39.98
    Pre-Sale Item!

We love this Roostertail show. I can't stop listening to it. They're having so much fun. It is the show with everyone from Motown in the audience and the ladies are really ON. It's a real "group" show. Mary and Flo's voices are much more prominent than on any other live LP. Diana sounds great, the patter is fun. And it is a transition show. Some of Copa, some of Talk Of The Town. Interesting to have songs sung by Florence that previously we've only heard with Cindy. Still full versions of the hits including "My World Is Empty" sung in its entirety! "People" isn't really led by all three as it mentions in the release. Only Florence and Mary sing lead.
    This whole "Symphony" package is a great release and even more limited than the others.

Thx George-I think u convinced me!

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    If you're in the U.S., this seems to be the best deal, even after handling & shipping charges
    http://www.importcds.com/Music/25001...-A-Symphony-CD

A close second is
    http://www.deepdiscount.com/cd/SUPRE...EAR-A-SYMPHONY
    With this edition of only 2,000, I wonder if after Hip-O and Amazon, that other retailers, like these, will even have the chance to ship? I suppose if one is willing to gamble.....

smark21 Guest
    I’m sure it will be available digitally on itunes, which may be ideal for those who just want to cherry pick songs they want.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    With this edition of only 2,000, I wonder if after Hip-O and Amazon, that other retailers, like these, will even have the chance to ship? I suppose if one is willing to gamble.....
    Reading the fine print, Amazon is also a gamble..
    Hip-O-Select release date: September 21
    Amazon: October 9.

If it sells as quickly as you propose, the poor U.K. fans won't stand a chance. Hip-O-Select still doesn't ship there or to European Union countries to the best of my knowledge.
    Since George Solomon confirms above that it is a very limited edition, I hope that some concession will be made to accomodate our British friends.

It does seem odd that the David Ruffin reprint has a run of 2,000 copies, while an expanded edition of a greatly improved Supremes' classic is being pressed at such a
    low amount.

The print numbers don't seem to be a positive development.

Since he made mention, I wonder why George didn't expand his comment to explain the reason for only 2000 copies. Knowing the truth would be better than stimulating a lot of conjecture ..... and I am among those conjecturing, too! :-)

2,000 copies. I honestly don't know. I just heard about it myself a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    I'm not taking chances of this selling out before it hits Amazon, so I just went ahead and pre-ordered the set.
    I just did the same thing. Even though it'll cost slightly more, at least it'll arrive earlier than Amazon. Plus I don't want "I Heard A Symphony" to become prophetic when they say they ran out of copies!
    Last edited by Buttered Popcorn and so forth; 09-18-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    2,000 copies. I honestly don't know. I just heard about it myself a few days ago.
    Thank you for the quick reply, George. We all appreciate your efforts ... and your honesty.

Maybe the Copa sold less well; I think so; it's definitely not that high on my buy list.

But I'll get David Ruffin, Symphony and Copa together now..........the 2000 scared me into it.

It sure would be nice to geta tracklist of this set before the show tomorrow night...
    What show? The NIGHTFLIGHT show? I thought the IHAS episode wasn't going to be on until 10/9?

This new release looks amazing! Thanks again to George and Andy for all their hard work and keep 'em coming!

As for sales, I remember discussions on this very board as to how well AT THE COPA was doing on the AMAZON charts...

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Reading the fine print, Amazon is also a gamble..
    Hip-O-Select release date: September 21
    Amazon: October 9.

If it sells as quickly as you propose, the poor U.K. fans won't stand a chance. Hip-O-Select still doesn't ship there or to European Union countries to the best of my knowledge.
    Since George Solomon confirms above that it is a very limited edition, I hope that some concession will be made to accomodate our British friends.
    i think this is a real slap in the face to us UK fans who have been loyal supporters for decades and kept the Motown sound and stars alive long after other areas lose interest.
    2,000 copies??? So the only way I can be sure NOT to miss this is to order through Amazon as HipO don't deal with the UK [[another slap)..and the price on Amazon at present for the UK is £42!!!!!

£42 for 2 cd's- are you having a laugh??

£20-£25 would be more reasonable.

I am truly grateful that we are getting these releases but i think we're being screwed over there's a recession on!!

So do i take the gamble and wait, and maybe not get a copy or be 'blackmailed' by the ltd edition,my fear of not getting a copy and shell out £42.

Your take Harry & George on why us loyal UK fans seem to be exploted and treated as second class as to obtaining these releases???

RossHolloway Guest
    We love this Roostertail show. I can't stop listening to it. They're having so much fun. It is the show with everyone from Motown in the audience and the ladies are really ON. It's a real "group" show. Mary and Flo's voices are much more prominent than on any other live LP. Diana sounds great, the patter is fun. And it is a transition show. Some of Copa, some of Talk Of The Town. Interesting to have songs sung by Florence that previously we've only heard with Cindy. Still full versions of the hits including "My World Is Empty" sung in its entirety! "People" isn't really led by all three as it mentions in the release. Only Florence and Mary sing lead.
    This whole "Symphony" package is a great release and even more limited than the others.
    George, was the Live At The Roostertail part of the Motown Monday's series?

Where is everyone making their purchase? Hip-O? Amazon? Other?

Whoever has it cheaper.

Yes, this particular concert was part of the Motown Mondays series. Diana even promotes the Temptations for the following week. Such an exciting time... It really felt like a family affair. Could something like this ever happen today?
    I wish I understood the distribution situation. We are MORE than aware of how supportive fans in the UK and all over the world have been. Believe me, if there was anything anyone on the creative end of these releases could do, we'd be doing it. I think everyone knows we work on these projects for the love of the music, the artists and the people out there that still care. But when it comes to the business end of it all, we're in the same boat as the fans.

RossHolloway Guest
    George - Who was the opening act for the Supreme's that night and who opened for the Temptations?

I don't have the Temptations info but Earl Van Dyke and then Willie Tyler and Lester opened for the Supremes.

Glad everyone is excited about Symphony! The date of our Nightflight show is changing. John Perrone will make an announcement on air tonight. Details to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Where is everyone making their purchase? Hip-O? Amazon? Other?
    I always go through Hip-O. Never a problem.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by justanothermotownfan View Post
    I always go through Hip-O. Never a problem.

Same here. Never a problem, same with amazon, but it sees amazon stocks the releases later than if you go thru Hippo

I believe Hip-O has exclusive rights to their releases for a couple weeks or so before they go to Amazon, etc. - and rightfully so, they take the trouble and time to put out such wonderful releases and they should reap the rewards...

I don't have the Temptations info but Earl Van Dyke and then Willie Tyler and Lester opened for the Supremes.
    I would LOVE to hear the Earl Van Dyke set one day...

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by justanothermotownfan View Post
    I would LOVE to hear the Earl Van Dyke set one day...
    I would love to hear all of the Motown Monday concerts [[hint hint George, Andy and Harry)

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    I would love to hear all of the Motown Monday concerts [[hint hint George, Andy and Harry)
    Ditto that!

The Nightflight show with George and Andy has moved up a week to Oct 2nd...

Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait for the show...

For the first time I have to question Hip-o's tactics. 2000 copies to drive people to Hip-o in fear of not getting one and no one knows why this many were produced? Why distribute any to other retailers? Someone knows why. Something in the pond smells fishy.

I don't understand what all the speculation is. They produced the amount that they think they can sell.