[REMOVE ADS]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    I never thought Diana wasn't in the photo, just that it was more her side or back from the position of the microphones. After reading the comments, then looked and realized that her face is there! When i first looked at it, i noticed Mary and Flor and then of course, the sparkly gowns!

Speaking of live performances and the Roostertail show, George Solomon mentions that Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart is not included in the show. Then it dawned on me, is there a live concert where they perform the complete Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart anyplace? i think that one of the few hits we don't have live?
    When the boxed set came out, there was an interview with Harry Weinger who mentioned that it was a big disappointment that they couldn't find a live version of ITCHING in the vaults.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    My copy just arrived today, so I'm joining the party a little late- well not entirely, as I enjoyed immensely Andy & George's preview show with Midnight Johnny.
    A giant thank you to all involved for a superb job [[other than the few typos- as already pointed out).
    Speaking of the interview with Andy & George... i missed that. Does anyone have a copy to email?

Also looking for a copy of the Nightflight show with Andy Skurow on Apr 19, 2011!

Does anyone else besides me notice that Flo is not even audible on "Come See About Me" till the end of the song? It goes the same for "Come See About Me" on the Copa album. Every other song you can hear her except for that song? Maybe it was the dance routines?

Also does anyone know what Flo says during the live "Back in my arms again"? Diana is going "And Flo she don't know cause the boy she loves is a--[[Flo speaks)--romeo" I guess she was just being a smartass lol.

i am still waiting for my copy to ship, but am happy to hear that Flo and Mary are in the mix of this set like peas in a pod.. The only live version of lilaiimh that i know of is on the Ed Sullivan show in the yellow dresses. I wonder what the real reason is why they dropped that great tune inspite of it only hitting #9. could it be that it was a high power song that already had the show at a longer show that the copa or was it that it was not a number one song like nbh and more r&b than pop, that song in its 1966 release was one of the best dance song the Supremes released..

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Also does anyone know what Flo says during the live "Back in my arms again"? Diana is going "And Flo she don't know cause the boy she loves is a--[[Flo speaks)--romeo" I guess she was just being a smartass lol.

Sounds to me like she said: "He's right there," possibly referring to someone in the audience.

Started to get a little worried regarding my order, but just got this message...

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

You saved £18.17 with Amazon.co.uk's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item[[s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title[[s) decreased in price:

I Heard a Symphony
    Price on order date: £42.84
    Price charged at dispatch: £24.67
    Lowest price up to and including release date: £24.67
    Quantity: 1
    Total Savings: £18.17

£18.17 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.co.uk, and we hope to see you again soon.

When Andy and I first heard the opening number [[Come See About Me) of the Roostertail show we looked at each other and said "Oh no... You can't hear Flo at all, everyone is really going to be mad", and so were we. But it's as if there was a mic problem or audio problem that got fixed right away because we were happy that she soon was coming in loud and clear.
    As for "Love Is Like An Itching", I mentioned this on Night Flight. It is listed in the souvenir program as the last number in the show. In this show we just released, right after "You're Nobody" the audience is still screaming and the girls come back again, Diana is yelling "More"? And then the tape cuts off!! Unless someone who was there has a very vivid memory, I guess we'll never really know. But, it's my fantasy that they sing "Itching" as a final encore and someday we'll find some unmarked tape that starts with the live version we never heard :-)

Hey George,
    Thanx for the info! :-) Am curious... just how many tapes did it take to record the show? Or was what was on Roostertail all on 1 tape?

Two shows and I believe... Four tapes.

Also looking for a copy of the Nightflight show with Andy Skurow on Apr 19, 2011!
    Which episode was that?
    Last edited by ejluther; 10-15-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Whats with the pic where Diana looks like shes busting out of her outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    Which episode was that?
    Would that have been to promote "Let Yourself Go; the 70's Final Sessions" [[or whatever it's officially called, LOL). If memory serves me right, that was the release that came out around that time.

This Roostertail Show is off the hook, although I love the Copa intermission music and band this show out does that performance Florence Ballard comes in loud and clear with Mary and her soprano vocals was one of the highlights of the Supremes show and recordings, and no one does it better in the Supremes than Flo she stands out on number after number on this live set, so happy we get to hear Flo after 1965 with People back in the show and Flo and Mary do a great job, so glad Diana agreed to let them have their moment, and yes Diana was a real troper. too bad the love is like an itching trackgot lost that would have made this cd outstanding, but it is still outstanding any way you slice it.
    My world is empt without you and I hear a symphony 2012 mix is nothing short of Supreme love the turned up backing vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    Which episode was that?
    Yes, that is the episode about Let Yourself Go!

greg jones
    los angeles, CA

So I got my cd yesterday, am listening to it today [[Saturday Bliss is what I've named the day).

Roostertail show - WOW!
    Stero LP - WOW!
    2012 Remixes - WOW!

And I say again, Everything Is Good About You is one of the best tracks The Supremes ever recorded.

Thanks Andy, George & Harry for the care and the love on these releases. Not only are you excellent at putting together each reissue but you bring the fan aspect into each release that pushes it to a higher level. Please know that it is noticed and appreciated.

mine arrived in the uk today after the whole ltd edition farce i ordered it from amazon.

Just played it...

the live concert..is THE best gig ever...we can HEAR Mary and Flo!!!

Never been keen on the IHAS album,and i'm still not but this live cd makes up for it
    love MWIEWY 2012 too.

such a shame the girls vocals were often mixed sooooo far back

Name:  The Supremes In Stanley Park.jpg
Views: 2279
Size:  66.4 KB
    Not only is the newly expanded edition of "I Hear A Symphony" ear candy, imagine my surprise to see a photograph of the women posed in Vancouver, B.C. in front of some Totem Poles. They were here performing at the iconic Cave Night Club circa 1966. I'm happy to see that they got to take in some sightseeing while they were here.

Had it a few weeks and finally got to listen to it over the weekend. Love the album and have an even greater appreciation for it now. Why on earth this live album was never released I don't know. It is an amazing show and much better than the Copa album. Loved Florence and Mary on People. I didn't want them to stop. Harry, Andrew and George are brilliant at putting these recordings together. So grateful to have them and look forward to "A Go Go".

Hi George,

You mentioned in the NightFlight program that the Roostertail '66 concert was being considered for release and even given a catalog number. Didn't see in the booklet that you or Andy mentioned what that was. Can you tell us what the catalog number was? And it seems that sometimes Motown reassigned catalog number when they shelved releases... is that correct?

greg jones
    los angeles, ca

Now only £15.00 post free at HMV.com! Pre-order.

Well,well,well....i recieved my copy today and im just blown away by it..Harry,Andy & George you guys absolutely amaze me...im 47 now and have been collecting motown since i was 12yrs old...today i was transported back to a time that i have always wished i had experienced first hand...today you made that possible..thank you

I Hear A Symphony 2012 on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by ExGuyParis View Post
    Could be a problem. I uploaded "I Hear A Symphony 2012"... and got this:

Your video may include the following copyrighted content: "The Supremes-I Hear A Symphony [[2012 Mix of Single Vocal)", sound recording administered by: UMG
    This video is blocked in 245 countries. Your video is still available in 2 countries: Saint Martin & South Sudan.

So if you happen to be vacationing on Saint Martin, or passing quickly through South Sudan, you can check it out!
    Interesting... now it's banned only in Germany. Here it is:

honest man Guest
    Just preordered AT AMAZONUK For 15 pounds inc pp,get it now, cheers.

Am still very much in love with this set.

Was everyone able to get it? I know there was a lengthy thread on concern that it might sell out before our friends in the UK were able to purchase? I haven't seen anymore lament, so I assume all ordered were filled?

From what I read the 2000 copies is what was available through Hip-O not including whatever amount were shipped to retailers online. Correct me if I'm wrong.