[REMOVE ADS]

D'Angelo/Mary J. Blige-PNC Bank Arts Center

Still coming down from seeing Mary J. Blige and D'Angelo last night at the PNC Bank Arts Center. Extremely impressive. They both sparkled. Personal high point for me was "Brown Sugar" sung over the groove of Funkadelic's "Nappy Dugout". That, and seeing P-Funk solidier Kendra Foster was simply icing on the three layer cake. Kudos to post-2000 road dawg Grace Kelley-Paul for looking out for aging Funk junkee! Peace to the concept of liberation.

D'Angelo--- Tell me T , how was he? You the one to tell if he was still "Qualified to Satisfy".

D delivered. No two ways about it. Brother is on the husky side these days, but then again aren't we all? They definitely rocked that Brown Sugar/Nappy Dugout stroke.

Very excited about his comeback...he definitely brought teh heat at the show in Detroit. Can't wait to see him headline again. Was surprised by Mary. Never had a desire to see gher but she was good too but D'Angelo was that deal

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Very excited about his comeback...he definitely brought teh heat at the show in Detroit. Can't wait to see him headline again. Was surprised by Mary. Never had a desire to see gher but she was good too but D'Angelo was that deal
    glencro, I'm going to assume that you are a man. Your sentiments seem to echo my own. If there were no men at the MJB performance, I don't think that anyone would've noticed.

Timmyfunk, I am a male and I've always thought that Mary J was over rated from day one. I've never been a fan of her vocally and actually contemplated leaving after D'Angelo's set. The friends that I was with convinced me to stay for Mary J. She was good and now I can say I've seen her live [[now I don't have to see her again)

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Timmyfunk, I am a male and I've always thought that Mary J was over rated from day one. I've never been a fan of her vocally and actually contemplated leaving after D'Angelo's set. The friends that I was with convinced me to stay for Mary J. She was good and now I can say I've seen her live [[now I don't have to see her again)
    I am pretty much in agreement with you. Because of the amount of radio hits she had during the nineties and 2000's, I had no choice but to sing along. But you're right. My attendance at that show assures that I will probably never see her again, nor will I buy any of her CD's.