[REMOVE ADS]

Attn New Yorkers Free concert - Bettye LaVette NYC Aug. 8

Bettye LaVette will be performing a show with her Detroit band at Madison Square Park, NYC August 8 @7pm. And it's FREE.

Now this sounds good, real good! LOL! I love Miss Bettye.

Marv, are you going? If so, come by the backstage tent after the show and say Hi.

I would love to go, but I couldn't take off work today and I am on Long Island. I do love Bettye LaVette, always have. I know she is going to knock them out today!

This would have been great had folks got more than one day's notice. Some of us have
    schedules, chores, work and personal lives to manage, I'm just saying...

Splanky, I normally DO give more than a day's notice on her NY, DT, chicago gigs. I sent an email a week or so ago to my other groups, her facebook pages,..to be honest, if there was an amail address to SD, it would have been in my email blasts. I don't always remember to post. Of course, for the small group of fans of hers on here[[and you know who you are and Bettye and I know who you are and appreciate it), you can always subscribe to her itinerary and then you'll never miss her in your area. Go here and click on subscribe to tour dates.http://www.rosebudus.com/lavette/tourdates.html

Dammit all to hell, I wish I was in NYC...hopefully, she'll return to Cleveland, and I'll be there, just like I was the last two times.

Best,

Mark