[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

Gabby Douglas: First AA woman to win gold in individual woman's gymnastics

But some are only focussed on her hair. WTF?!

http://shine.yahoo.com/team-mom/defe...191700322.html

WTF is right. I'm very happy for the young lady. I ignore the hair bullsh*t....

Did anyone catch NBC following up Bob Costas' review of her feat with a commercial that showed a monkey doing gymnastics? Some will say that people are too sensitive to things like that, but just read the comments on YouTube and you'll realize why this sort of thing, accident or not, continues to cause problems. And don't tell me that in the 12 hours or so between when Ms. Douglas won her award and NBC broadcast her performance, they didn't have time to consider how that would be taken. Oh well, two steps and a backflip forward, five lashes and a "hey, nigra!" back.

This was the only performance in the Olympics that I insisted my girls watch. Had them fetch my pipe and slippers [[not really) and we sat glued to the sofa, with Baby Jada [[now the top sixth grader in her school), each time a gymnast performed.

In the end, it was all I could do to contain myself as I sat with my arms around 3 of fave girls, wishing my Grandmother could have lived to see this day.....understanding what it would have meant for her.....

And I know there are others here who are nodding their heads......