[REMOVE ADS]

"Dionne" 1972 album with bonus tracks????

Just read somewhere that the 1972 "Dionne" album on Warner Brothers is being re-issued in September with bonus tracks. Anyone know anything about this and what those tracks might be? There would certainly be room on a CD since that was only a 10-song album that likely ran only about 35 minutes or so.

Well this party may be over before it got started! I had read this news on CD Universe, and in fact they are even showing the cover art for the 1972 album. However, I have done some further research and discovered that this may be a false alarm. The label is Big Break Records, which is also affiliated with Cherry Red Records.

Anyway, according to their website, they are re-issuing the 1979 Arista album, the classic one produced by Barry Manilow. Now granted, if you are a Dionne fan, you probably loved this album and won't have a problem with as many people as possible still having the chance to buy it. But if you are such a fan, you probably have more copies of it than you need, since it has already been re-issued quite a bit.

As for the alleged bonus tracks, they are supposed to be "single versions" of After You and Deja Vu. Well that is not enough to excite me and make me buy another copy of this CD, especially since I can't imagine any version of either song being better than what we already have.

I have e-mailed the label just to make sure that they are not also re-issuing the 1972 album, but I am not highly optimistic. I would love to hear some previously unreleased material from that time frame, which was what got me initially excited about what I read. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

One more question and I promise I will leave you alone!! I am sure there is a Dionne completist out there who can answer this question.

I came across a double CD by her, which I presume is a greatest hits collection, and I guess it had a Spanish or Italian title. It was something like Grande Successi or something like that. I believe the color is red.

Can someone provide me with a complete track listing for that collection? Thanks.