[REMOVE ADS]

Darlene Love apparently performs through onset of heart attack

Darlene Love apparently performs through onset of heart attackElizabeth B. Jul 26, 2012 0 Comments Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on stumbleuponShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services0

Darlene Love [[Credit: Getty)Darlene Love apparently performed through the onset of a heart attack over the weekend.

wcbsfm.cbslocal.com reports that the Rock and Roll Hall Of Famer was performing in Asbury, New Jersey, and experienced stomach pains and acid reflux right before she was scheduled to perform. Her husband Alton gave her an aspirin and the show went on.

The next day, Love had no appetite and the pain became severe.

Love was rushed to the hospital and was reportedly told she has suffered a heart attack. She was in the hospital for more than two days and has since been released.

“We caught it before it got bad and I went in and had the procedure done,” she said. "I’m home… and doing fine.”

Other than the acid reflux and stomach ache, Love had no other symptoms that would indicate she had a blockage in her heart.

Love, who turns 71 today [[July 26), has her biggest hits in 1962 with “He’s A Rebel,” "ZIP-A-DEE DOO-DAH" and “He’s Sure The Boy I Love, was part of the Phil Spector Wall of Sound Stable, and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2011. She also appeared in the Lethal Weapon movies as the wife of Danny Glover's character.

Thank goodness she was treated in time! Saw Darlene in Central Park in the late nineties with Lani Groves and they put
    on a hell of a show. Hope she had a happy birthday afterwards. I'm sure she felt very grateful...