[REMOVE ADS]

Katherine Jackson sues AEG Live

katherine is going after the company that promoted MJs comeback concerts -The suit contends AEG and its agents told Jackson the company would provide equipment and hire Dr. Conrad Murray to care for Jackson so he could perform at the concerts in London...
    My question is that Jackson family knew Of Michaels drug addiction - janet went on Oprah and told of the family intervention that had taken place..is it fair to blame a promoter for a performers addiction ?
    And why would you agree to medical care for Michael if you knew he was that sick surely concerts would be last thing a sick person needed for their future wellbeing?

Ultimately, Michael made choices and they were bad ones. He is ultimately responsible. Now I realize what Diana meant when she once told an interviewer that she prayed what she heard wasn't true.

What Dr. Murray did was done with consent so it's going to be difficult to hang him criminally. They need to prove intent or wanton recklessness. That will be difficult. But Michael did not consent to death; but he may have consented to practices so reckless that he must have known death was a possibility. I wouldn't be surprised if in due course, Dr. Murray walks.

I would guess the cause of action here is that the promoter should have known better than to put an addict out on tour, when they knew he was an addict; but they did take precautions by having a Doctor on tour as well; I'm not sure that cause of action didn't die with Michael Jackson.

In any case, it's probably all posturing. You can bet that those involved in the marketing of the estate and running the estate are making a fortune, that creditors are gradually getting money, and Katherine is getting some. She probably wants more!

Katherine ain't greedy and she is doing the right thing by suing the promoters of that tour in the U.K. It has recently been reported that the promoters took out a $ 1 billion insurance policy with Lloyd's of London. In the event that Michael Jackson would not be able to perform the concerts, the promoters would be paid one billion dollars! They were paid after Michael's sudden death!

How much of the proceeds did the Jackson Family receive? ZILCH!

Knowing this fact, it is NOW very interesting why the promoters hired Dr. Conrad Murray to be Michael's personal, live-in physician.

I hope Katherine Jackson sues their asses off! Whether she'll win or not is another story. If they are smart, they will settle with her.