[REMOVE ADS]

Marilyn McCoo's Saving All My Love For You

A lot of people don't know that Marilyn McCoo was the first to sing Saving All My Love For You,but it was the great Whitney Houston who made it a BIG HIT.
    Please stay positive

That's a good factoid REDHOT. By the way, that's my favorite song by Whitney Houston. Whitney covered a lot of records and made them her own [[sounds like some of the Luther Vandross thread, doesn't it?).

I didn't know that "I Believe In You and Me" was a cover until about 10 years ago but that is one of the songs that she definitely did NOT outshine the original version. Levi Stubbs' [[and the Four Tops, although it was a solo performance) version is easily one of the most remarkable and heartfelt songs that I have ever heard.

I went to YouTube for the Marilyn McCoo version. Her vocals are really good on it but I would have preferred to hear her backed by an acoustic band and without strings and background vocals.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 07-23-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Nice but shes just too MOR for me but does have a wonderful voice. Backgrounds too loud.

Marilyn is an elusive voice... I don't think "Saving All My Love" suits her, to be honest, although it SHOULD. But sometimes she'll sing stuff that you'd think would be TOTALLY out of her realm, and she ends up sounding awesome! Like this:

I had no idea Marilyn did Saving All. I liked it alot and sounded like something the 5th could have done well had they stayed together. Including the Journey song, she can sing anything. I always think of Aquarius and One Less Bell when I think of her. One of the best.

Marilyn's version was on an album she and Billy made for CBS Records. Parts of the albums were produced by Steve Cropper. I wish a company would reissue this abum. OH! Scherrie Payne sang backup on this album.