[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Sylvia Woods: "The Queen of Soul Food!"

Miss Sylvia has passed. She was known as the "Queen of Soul Food". She's fed everyone from Pres. Clinton, to Pres. Obama, to Michael Jackson and ME! She was a warm, caring woman that I first met 27 years ago when her restaurant was pretty much just a counter in Harlem. I last saw her the week of Michael's passing in 2009. The best food in the World came out of her kitchen! I will miss her. Rest in Peace "Miss Sylvia" and thank you for everything.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...P0W_story.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/20/di...ead-at-86.html

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-07-19/u...collard-greens

Thank you for posting the links to Sylvia Woods' life long achievements. I greatly enjoy learning of inspirational people like her, who follow their dreams and make a great success of their lives. Although I never got the chance to taste her cooking, I have been lucky in the past to enjoy soul food while traveling in the U.S., and reading about how good her dishes were, make me want to seek out one of her iconic cookbooks.

You are very welcome Mark. She truly was a very special lady.

I was at Sylvia's in December of last year and was disappointed in the food. I was told that the quality went down after she was no longer able to oversee and be a driving force there. I was just happy to be able to say that I made the pilgrimage to Sylvia's.

I must agree. Great lady, but the food was NEVER all that, and I 'm not just talking recently.
    Last edited by skooldem1; 08-01-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    I was at Sylvia's in December of last year and was disappointed in the food. I was told that the quality went down after she was no longer able to oversee and be a driving force there. I was just happy to be able to say that I made the pilgrimage to Sylvia's.
    I first ate there in 1986. At that time the food was so good, it made you do the happy dance! LOL! The last time for me was July 2009.