[REMOVE ADS]

Documentary on the Demise of the Independent Record Store

I just watched the documentary I NEED THAT RECORD. It was kind of depressing to watch. With the rise of down-loadable music and the chaotic state of the record industry, the independent record store is a dying breed.

The documentary discusses the reasons that the indy store is gone. We discussed most of the reasons on the old board. This documentary seems to concur with most of our opinions.

Anyone who loves music and buying it the old fashioned way may be interested in this. Sadly, it will be hard to find it in an independent store. I rented mine on NetFlix

You tube has a trailer

Thanks for posting. I believe I can find that DVD.

Still here!

I saw this and think this is a great documentary. Sadly we have lost a lot of independent record stores. All the more reason to support your local independent record store [[if you have one), and other local independent businesses as well.

I make it my business to support independent record stores. Here's a example.
    http://mrpeabodyrecords.blogspot.com

I just watched this documentary. It was okay. I thought the narrator should have visited more record stores and focused on the joys of the stores instead of the factors that are forcing them to close. I'm sure he could have found more than a few that are doing more than okay in the current environment.