[REMOVE ADS]

Current Recording Activities of Freda Payne

Does anyone know whether Freda Payne is still performing as a singer? Any new releases recently or in the near future? She seems to be out of sight, out of mind. You never hear much about her any more. A real shame. She is a great performer. Thank you.

I've seen ads in the past year or so for appearances she's done at the Iridium club in NYC. I believe she was doing a tribute to Ella Fitzgerald.

Not sure of current recording plans. I think there was a thread fairly recently of a duet with Freda and Cliff Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Does anyone know whether Freda Payne is still performing as a singer? Any new releases recently or in the near future? She seems to be out of sight, out of mind. You never hear much about her any more. A real shame. She is a great performer. Thank you.
    Freda seems to be popping up all over, at least wherever Scherrie seems to be. Here's a pic from earlier this week:

Name:  531263_3783799948265_1593769622_n.jpg
Views: 7437
Size:  75.7 KB

Last night [[Tuesday, July 10th, 2012) was an amazing impromptu musical event with 3 major musical talents from 2 generations of the great Payne dynasty. Scherrie Payne, Freda Payne and Scherrie's beautiful daughter Shoshana Radlein, with a cooking jazz combo behind them. Front row table included Mary Wilson and Beverly Todd, and joining the Paynes on stage were the best background vocalists in the business, Pam Vincent and Joyce Vincent. Scherrie sang Gershwin tunes "A Foggy Day" and "The Man I Love." Freda knocked it out of the ballpark with a super rendition of "How High the Moon" and another phenomenal Gershwin tune, "They Can't Take That Away from Me." Shoshana, singing a variety of more contemporary tunes, including Adele's smash "Rollin' in the Deep." And now Shoshana's son Shaun is making his mark in his grandmother Scherrie's new video.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Freda seems to be popping up all over, at least wherever Scherrie seems to be. Here's a pic from earlier this week:

Name:  531263_3783799948265_1593769622_n.jpg
Views: 7437
Size:  75.7 KB

Last night [[Tuesday, July 10th, 2012) was an amazing impromptu musical event with 3 major musical talents from 2 generations of the great Payne dynasty. Scherrie Payne, Freda Payne and Scherrie's beautiful daughter Shoshana Radlein, with a cooking jazz combo behind them. Front row table included Mary Wilson and Beverly Todd, and joining the Paynes on stage were the best background vocalists in the business, Pam Vincent and Joyce Vincent. Scherrie sang Gershwin tunes "A Foggy Day" and "The Man I Love." Freda knocked it out of the ballpark with a super rendition of "How High the Moon" and another phenomenal Gershwin tune, "They Can't Take That Away from Me." Shoshana, singing a variety of more contemporary tunes, including Adele's smash "Rollin' in the Deep." And now Shoshana's son Shaun is making his mark in his grandmother Scherrie's new video.
    This is simply wonderful. Glad now that I asked the question. Thanks. She is one of my favorite singers who you rarely hear anything about. If you hear anything in the future, please let all SDF-MT viewers know. I am sure I am not the only fan of hers. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    She just had a new release out last year. A great recording she did with Cliff Richards. Freda is still the BOMB!!!

Hi, everyone. That picture of Shoshana, Scherrie and Freda was the first one I took with my new digital camera. I think it is a great shot. Freda has been doing her live jazz show with material from Ella, Sarah, and Lena, and knocking 'em dead where ever she does it. Her most recent appearance at the Catalina Bar & Grill, she capped A Phenomenal evening of jazz with some songs from the Contact album, including giving tyhe audience that iconic pose from the front cover. At Scherrie's suggestion, she did a fantastic rendition of "The Road we Didn't Take," which was a great surprise enjoyed by all. Freda is very busy with many things in store, and I have some surprises in store for everyone with Freda once I complete Scherrie's current project and Kim Yarbrough [from THE VOICE].