[REMOVE ADS]

Marva's book nearly there

I've been a bit absent on the forum lately. There's an old adage in this racket: How do you make a little money in publishing? Start off with a lot!

We didn't start with a lot, but we have the most brilliant authors in the known universe, and their careers and their stories are pure gold.

Now things are picking up and I, for one, am delighted that we can get out another in our books that chronicle the prime movers in the world of soul music. These people have changed the world, and I want that world to know it.

'God, the Devil and James Brown' is the autobiography of the wonderful Marva Whitney, told with the help of her friend and fellow soul supporter, Charles Waring.

It's been a long time a-coming, but Marva's career didn't stop when she first came to us. There have been a few 'developments' since we received the original manuscript - not only in Marva's own life but in the scheme of things as they affected her, not least the departure of JB himself.

We've got a few last tweakings to do before it goes to print, but it is mighty close, and now features no fewer than fifty chapters from Marva's extraordinary life, along with some great pictures and lots of stories from the era we all love.

Those who have preordered, thank you so much for your patience. I'll give everyone the word when the book is available through your usual supplier.

Thanks again for your support SDers.

BANK HOUSE DAVE

thanks, Bank House Dave, we are really looking forward to Marvas' book.

looking forward to it--give Marva all our love. We met her in the late '60s with the JB Revue and we are looking forward
    to the book.

Thanks, Tony and Randy. Will pass it on. Am so proud to get this one at last.

Looking forward to a successful book here, Dave. Best of luck to all involved.

good luck!
    Stephanie

Great! Love your books--thank God for your company. Now can you get Cindy Birdsong moving! I know we tried before.