[REMOVE ADS]

jonc Guest

Red face For all of you New Yorkers: Martha-Rose Reeves concert tickets for $13.75

smark21 Guest
    I caught her show last night at BB Kings. Sure she doesn't sound good trying to hit the high notes, but she's still has the Motown presence and when she's singing in her lower register she brings a good rough blues quality to the songs. And Lois Reeves was working the stage!

@ Smark 21

Lois was flat-out doin' work last Thursday night, wasn't she? DAMN!!!

Marc Taylor
    Last edited by mellow_q; 09-18-2010 at 11:39 AM.

topdiva1 Guest
    Martha Reeves is still working it hard and heavy - I always thought she should stay in the lower register - rock on Martha - work that tamborine!!!!!

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow_q View Post
    @ Smark 21

Lois was flat-out doin' work last Thursday night, wasn't she? DAMN!!!

Marc Taylor
    Lois Reeves was putting on her own show the other night. I was impressed.

I saw Martha last night in Boston. Lois and Delphine weren't with her at this engagement. As always, I enjoyed myself tremendously. And after years of bringing a few at a time, I finally have a complete set of autographed Vandellas albums. :-)

topdiva1 Guest
    Martha is always BETTER with Lois and Delphine - they seem to push her to give it her all. Maybe Lois worked it a little to much for Martha's nerves the other night. There has always been that sister rivalry thing with those two. So, I am told!!! But you never can tell about people, places, and things, for sure.

Yes Top-D, I learned the hard way never to ask Lois about her stint with QUIET ELEGANCE in Martha's presence......Yikes, Honey!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant_soul View Post
    Yes Top-D, I learned the hard way never to ask Lois about her stint with QUIET ELEGANCE in Martha's presence......Yikes, Honey!

Indeed elegant_soul - from my understanding Miss Martha Reeves has neve been one to mince words, ala Flo Ballard. You are lucky to have escaped that scene with you life - LOL!!!