[REMOVE ADS]

No More "Cellarful of Motown!" CDs?

The notes in the accompanying booklet to the Spinners' "Truly Yours" CD refer in passing to the "much missed A Cellarful of Motown! CD series".

Has the series been discontinued?

Flooding maybe?

Keep watching this space - you never really know but you guys on SDF will be amongst the first when and if soemthing develops

Thanks Paul for the quick response. My eyes are glued to this spot.

RossHolloway Guest
    I've been hoping that one of the COM collection will focus on the labels final Detroit years - 1970-72. I bet there are some killer tracks from that period..including those from Rose Baptista that have never seen the light of day.. Or maybe even a COM "Live from Detroit" set. I bet there are some extra rare tracks just screaming to get out that were recorded around Detroit during Motown's prime.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    I've been hoping that one of the COM collection will focus on the labels final Detroit years - 1970-72. I bet there are some killer tracks from that period..including those from Rose Baptista that have never seen the light of day..
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  21.1 KB
    Maybe a couple from Gwen Owens as well. I'm still waiting to hear even ONE of the Linda Griner "enough unreleased recordings to fill an album". Cellarful series NEEDS to continue, as there are lots of good, worthy recordings from artists who don't have enough Motown cuts for their own CDs. Maybe they could make a "catch all" multi-artists CD collection of the early period 1959-63, with recordings from The Creations, Versatones, Edward Earling, Wyatt "Big Boy" Shepherd, LaBrenda Ben, Hattie Littles, Mable John, Sammy Ward, Sherrie Taylor, Henry Lumpkin. The Five Quails, etc. And maybe they could make a multi-artist Gospel CD series. The last two sound like possibilities for Ace/Kent.
    Last edited by robb_k; 07-09-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Robb, There is a comprehensive collection of Mabel John`s Motown recordings "My Name Is Mabel" from Spectrum 2004.
    I would like to think that there will be more "Cellarfuls" as Vol. 4 was my favourite so far.Sammy Ward has 12 solo recordings already available.

As TCMS seems to have stalled, a set comprising the early Mowest 45s would be nice.....a lot of good records were made around the early LA period....say 1971/72.....and it looks as though we won't get them from TCMS....c'mon ACE, this would be a winner I'm sure.

honest man Guest
    Paul Nixon,STOP IT I LIKE IT,fingers crossed, cheers ,................................................. .....................