[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross/Baby It's Me

What happened to the release of this cd. Anyone know?

Work in progress.

We got More Hits in November, DR76 in January, and At The Copa in mid May. I'm very thankful for it all coming faster but I suspect we won't see Baby It's Me until November to give the previous three releases time and exposure to sell. I know its hard when us diehards want everything now but there is a logic behind the wait. Besides, usually we reap the benefits of the delays as Andy and George always seem to come up with something extra to enhance the sets we get. They, Harry, and Universal know the fans aren't "Too Shy To Say" they want this but I know the patience required will be worth it. I know I'll be passing these out to friends like Oprah does cars when it drops because its the one Ross album I can play for friends who are casual to passive Diana listeners that everyone loves.....

I agree with Glenpwood about it being one of Ross's best pieces, along with "The Boss", my other favorite of hers.

Isn't there rumored behind the scenes footage of the making of this album? If so, can the powers that be, finally release a CD/DVD combo?

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Isn't there rumored behind the scenes footage of the making of this album? If so, can the powers that be, finally release a CD/DVD combo?
    A while back, there was scuttlebutt that such video did indeed exist, and someone was offering it [[along with other rare Ross video) for a hefty price. But I never heard of anyone who actually bought it.

Cant wait for this one; this was her best I think.

All this talk of Baby It's Me made me pull out my CD for a road trip this weekend and it's still as dynamic for me as it was the first time I ever found a copy of the LP at a yard sale in the early nineties. Richard Perry really did some wonderful production work on it and I can't wait to hear even more dynamics brought out by Kevin Reeves always supreme remastering..

Two "Baby It's Me" threads going at the same time! I also love this album and never get tired of it.
    Thanks for mentioning Kevin Reeves. We love him and can't thank him enough. He's creative and patient. And with Andy and I standing behind his shoulders offering our opinions in each ear that isn't always easy!

Hi George,

Happy to give Kevin a shoutout since his talents should never get lost in the mix of our adoration for how you and Andy fight to make these expanded editions so special for us diehard fans. You have to convince him to call into Nightflight the next time you guys are on. The fans should never forget Harry is crucial to getting these projects green lighted and to us as well. Looking forward to "Baby" coming soon, just tell Universal not to make it too long a pregnancy ok?

Looking forward to "Baby" coming soon, just tell Universal not to make it too long a pregnancy ok?

Very cute. From your mouth to... uh ... Universal's ears?