[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye`s "Romantically Yours" CBS 1985.

A couple of years ago i bought this because of 3 sides from his "Vulnerable" set that had original 1968 vocals.I ignored the other 7 tracks as I had lost interest in Marvin well before he joined Columbia. Yesterday to my surprise I noticed that 3 tracks "Maria", "More" and "Fly Me To The Moon" were produced by Hal Davis and Marc Gordon, these were more out takes from the "Hello Broadway" sessions from 1964/5 others were on "The Marvin Gaye Collection" 1990.Also the final track is an Eddie Holland/Norman Whitfield song from around 1969.The remaining 5 pieces sound like they were recorded around 1972.I wonder what other unreleased Motown songs Marvin took to CBS.If this has all been revealed before forgive me !

Roger: I've just bought a used copy from Amazon [[very cheap!) on the strength of your mini review!

I`m flattered soulwally. I`m sure you will be as happy as I am.It`s always a thrill to find previously unreleased gems.

I had to have a laugh when you told me this on the phone Roger..Marvin getting one over on Berry by using Motown vocals on a CBS project...after Berry got a cool million from CBS for terminating his Motown contract....