[REMOVE ADS]

The 2012 BET Awards.

God bless Cissy Houston, or Saint Cissy as she's known in New York and New Jersey as. You have to admire her strength and dignity when singing Bridge Over Troubled Water at the BET awards as a tribute to her daughter. Saint Cissy had God watching over her last night.

Whitney's brother Gary and Mariah Carey and Brandy also sang tributes to Whitney and Angela Basset and Loretta Devine talked about working with Miss Houston on Waiting to Exhale.

A very beautiful Chante Moore sang Bad Girls and Love to Love You Baby as a tribute to Ms. Donna Summer and Valerie Simpson payed tribute to her late husband Nick.

The tributes were the best part of the show and the classiest.

Roberta

This was my first time watching the entire show in years. I have to agree the tributes were very nice. It was great to see Frankie Beverly and Maze honored and to see them perform on a major television platform. Now those guys are the epitome of UNSUNG. The Whitney tribute was very touching and it seemed to really have touched rapper Big Sean. He was shedding major tears during it.

It was great to see D'Angelo back and he kicked some major @$$ with his performance. Hopefully the BET Awards will continue to keep it positive. Glad I watched this year.