[REMOVE ADS]

A Great Supremes Memory from American Bandstand!

The Supremes have done many great television performances, but this is one of my all time favorites and what a great memory! The Supremes appearing on American Bandstand in 1976 and singing "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking":

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    The Supremes have done many great television performances, but this is one of my all time favorites and what a great memory! The Supremes appearing on American Bandstand in 1976 and singing "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking":

Dick Clark was SO real, thats why all the artists loved him. Great performance fromn the Supremes...that song should have put them back in the Top Ten but alas, with out promotion there is NO motion...it struggled to get to the Top 40.I really liked this grouping . Scherrie & Susaye were SUPREME.!They complimented Mary.

Great memories! Thanks for posting Marv. Are these the outfits that Mary, Jean and Cindy wore for their first appearance on Ed Sullivan singing "Up The Ladder"?
    Last edited by blueskies; 07-01-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Great memories! Thanks for posting Marv. Are these the outfits that Mary, Jean and Cindy wore for there first appearance on Ed Sullivan singing "Up The Ladder"?
    You are welcome and I believe so [[in terms of the outfits). This video just once again reinforces the fact the Supremes were always great all the way up to the end and it would be complete nonsense to compare what folks like Kaaren Ragland and company are doing with this here.....the REAL THING!

I found this grouping to be too frenetic though great song and good to see them.

smark21 Guest
    A lot of JML, MSC , and MSS performances have been uploaded to youtube the past few days. Fun to watch them. Though I must admit I’m not a big fan of seeing the Scherrie line ups wearing outfits from the late 60’s/early 70’s. Still this is a fun clip and I enjoy the interview with Dick Clark. He was certainly a Supremes fan.

This is clearly not a LIVE performance, but playback-ed!

Here is part 2 to this appearance on American Bandstand. I remember watching this. I believe it aired in April of 1976. Looking back now, although I enjoyed all the different groupings of the Supremes, this may have been the greatest grouping overall. All these ladies [[Mary,Scherrie & Susaye) could sing ,were great performers and had charisma. Here they are singing another shoulda-been-a-hit, "You're What's Missing In Life"!

Watching this I wonder why Mary doubted herself when she went solo-?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Watching this I wonder why Mary doubted herself when she went solo-?
    I imagine she doubted the support she would receive from the company [[i.e. songs written for her, promotion, etc,etc.). She had the goods, the talent from the very start.

Yes Marv2,The Supremes Mary,Scherrie,and Susaye had it all,no group of Supremes could touch them,[[to me)they will always be my favorite line up.
    Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Yes Marv2,The Supremes Mary,Scherrie,and Susaye had it all,no group of Supremes could touch them,[[to me)they will always be my favorite line up.
    Please stay positive
    There was something very special in the way their voices blended. There ability to duet and have the results always be spectacular is what made this grouping of the Supremes great. They were most unique and way ahead of their time in many ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiYzMHQCZqo And take a look at this one--Cindy looking stunning and has a brief lead on He's My Man-on Sammy Davis.