[REMOVE ADS]

Countdown to Scherrie Payne Single, LET YOURSELF GO - Feel It!

Are You all ready to LET YOURSELF GO one more time?????!!!!!
    Name:  1 SHEET LYG.jpg
Views: 1763
Size:  99.4 KB

Why are the FLOs and members thereof forever re-recording old Supremes songs?

I'd much rather see Sherrie tackle some new territory. As it stands, "It's All Been [[sung) Before".

I think that is a good suggestion, Mary.

I agree. Would love to hear Scherrie do something new. Maybe this is aimed at the younger generation that is unfamiliar with the original?

I think since Scherrie did the original vocal and lead that this will be interesting to hear. It is when they do remakes of songs that they were not Lead on that gets me a little tired.

Congratulations to Scherrie and Rick Gianatos for bringing this recording!!!! I hope that all of Scherrie's fans will support this effort is a positive way ... AND purchase the release. The music business is tough enough and to see one of our classic [[and classy!) vocalists from the 60's/70's still making music to please us is a blessing. As a long time fan [[smile), I have come to realize that ANY release is open for comment and suggestions whether it be a single, CD or a box set. I prefer the half full glass rather than the half empty! It is a BLESSING to have this music at all!!!!

And when it comes to Scherrie, I feel that the glass is also "running over."

Scherrie sounds good on anything. I was impressed when she re-did Diana's Ain't No Mountain High Enough for MotorCity. She gave it a uniqueness. Diana will always own that rendering, but Scherrie was phenomenal on it

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I think since Scherrie did the original vocal and lead that this will be interesting to hear. It is when they do remakes of songs that they were not Lead on that gets me a little tired.
    I’m the opposite..I prefer when an artist tackles material new to them rather than do remakes of their older songs [[unless the arrangement is bringing something new to the table). Hopefully this Let Yourself Go remake will give a new take on the song.

I would love to hear the new Scherrie Payne version of "Let Yourself Go" I also fell in love with Susaye's "Loet My heart do the walking"////'/'

I love the Supremes but this is awful! Sounds about 30 yrs out of date and something that Levine put together!

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    I love the Supremes but this is awful! Sounds about 30 yrs out of date and something that Levine put together!

Well she is certainly a pretty and talented lady, but I really wish she would branch out a bit. I feel horrible saying this, but I would not buy this.

I like it! With several remixes done for the project, its safe to say there will be something to appeal to anyone who is a Dance music fan. Congrats to Scherrie and Rick!

I'd buy a mix without the drum-machine.

It does remind me of music that was somewhat popular in 1989-90.

Everyone, there are millions of dance music fans out there that don't know this song or any others in the Supremes catalogue after Diana went solo. I am not planning on spending my money reworking Supremes songs on Scherrie or any other former Supreme. This one, however, was my favorite as a club DJ and I always wanted to remix it. When the Scherrie years were reissued, entitled LET YOURSELF GO, I was inspired to redo it as part of the Supremes 50 year anniversary. The mix used in the video is intended to be an Almighty style mix, light and pop dance, but there are quite a few different flavors in the package. Plus there is a bonus track from the ONE NIGHT ONLY sessions entitled HOPE that has been long requested to be released. It opened Scherrie's track shows for years, and was always well received. Most of those involved in the mix package never heard of LET YOURSELF GO, which I thought was a good thing. I would appreciate your supporting Scherrie and have an open mind to listening to all the mixes and realizing so many dance fans out there would be getting their first exposure to what has always been a fun dance tune.

Thank you everyone for your anticipated support for a great artist, songwriter, and now playwright!

Love the new version and the video keeps things light and fun. I will definetely add it to my "Sweating To The Supremes" workout playlist on my Ipod when it drops. Hope everyone supports this any other forthcoming projects from all the ladies. Every download does gage the demand for these women to provide us with new material on a continuing basis....

Love Scherrie's different "looks" in the video.

I love this new remixed version of "Let Yourself Go". It has always been a favourite of mine and this new version sounds so fresh. I love dance music. Scherrie is such a lovely lady, inside and out. She radiates so much joy in this video. I look forward to buying the new single!

Hmmmmm. Well, I listened to Scherrie's new single, and while it is kind of catchy, I thought it to be much like the Motorcity recordings. Or maybe a notch above that, and similar to the SAW recordings of the 80's and 90's.

The video I could have done without. While Scherrie looks amazing [[as usual), I will say, I dislike the long, straight wig on her. Women of a certain age should not be wearing long hair. Overall, I think it's too primative or cheeseball. And what's up with Joyce and PAM? No Joyce and Lynda?

I will add that I am very happy that former Supremes, such as Scherrie, are still recording, even if it is re-recording. I don't know that this will make it out to the masses, so I don't think a new "generation" will be made aware of Scherrie and her talents; this more seems like a "gift" to the fans. And so I thank whomever worked on this project.

It is encouraging to see many positive replies that support Scherrie's newest effort! I agree that this release is a sort of gift to the fans. The music industry is very different that it was once upon a time -- very high tech, ever-changing, and financially driven. Just the fact that Scherie is willing to "put herself out there" with a new release underlines her positive spirit and talent.

Yes, the track we have heard IS a dance track and therefore may not be suitable to everyone's taste. But, that does not mean there is not a viable audience for it. I value the opportunity of additng a new flavor to my Supremes' related collection. I am certain that the producers of this release are not trying to compete with the technology of expensively produced videos, but rather have offered Scherrie's video as a bonus so that fans might know her a bit better.

I hope all all FANS can remain open minded about this release. It is a blessing that we still have Scherrie on the scene ... and I hope that her exposure through this release treats her kindly. Authentic support will "keep the music playing!" Let's count our blessings.

Thanks to Rick Gianatos for his proferssional efforts -- now and over the years!!!! [[Round of applause!!)

p.s. I ordered my CD from CDbaby.com this afternoon and have already received an email that it has been shipped!!! I look forward to the several mixes and the bonus track titled HOPE!
    Last edited by longtimefan; 07-02-2012 at 08:57 PM.

As "Let My Heart Do The Walking" has been one of my favorite Supremes songs since the day I first heard it back in 1976 & as I've never felt that Susaye, Scherrie nor that song has gotten their due, I wish Scherrie nothing but the best with this release. I'd also like to see them do a few more duets in the future.

Rick...I lean more toward House than Techno so by any chance, is there a House-styled mix of this song?
    Last edited by juicefree20; 07-02-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    p.s. I ordered my CD from CDbaby.com this afternoon and have already received an email that it has been shipped!!! I look forward to the several mixes and the bonus track titled HOPE!

It had sold out by the time I attempted to place my order! Have to wait until CD Baby gets the next shipment in. It'll be worth it though. I've downloaded a couple of the tracks already, but I want the packaging.

JUICEFREE20 - Check out www.scherriepayne.com to hear what the various mixes sound like. I'm sure if there is a House mix on this one. I did house mixes on Linda Clifford release and Pattie Brooks. Let me know if one fits the bill for you.

simplysupreme - more copies going out today! I was caught by surprise yesterday with the sellout.

Hey Rick....congrat's on the CD. How about teaming up Scherrie, Joyce and Pam for an entire CD!!

simplysupreme - more copies going out today! I was caught by surprise yesterday with the sellout.

Thanks, Rick. Congrats on the sellout!

Cool Scherrie's take on Ain't No Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Scherrie sounds good on anything. I was impressed when she re-did Diana's Ain't No Mountain High Enough for MotorCity. She gave it a uniqueness. Diana will always own that rendering, but Scherrie was phenomenal on it
    We had a blast doing this. I had Pat Lewis here in LA and we intentionally did background parts that danced in and out and up and down away from the original, but hopefully just as pretty. I think we succeeded too!

Rick,
    Could you post some of the pictures of Scherrie that appear in the video? This would please many of her fans!

Thanks in advance!

I have to get my videographer to do that. I will ask him.

Lightbulb

OK. I posted a list of the mix titles for Scherrie Payne's new single, LET YOURSELF GO on Facebook on one of the Supremes fan sites and nobody got the connection in the names and what they referred to. I'm going to put the clues in the titles in all caps.

Now here are the clues. The first 5 to send all the correct answers [spot on, not "well one refers to Detroit" ] gets a free CD. You have to send the answers to my e-mail address: rick-rgp@pacbell.net. Copy the list below into your E-mail and put each answer after it and send it to me!

1. Majik Boys MOTORCITY Club Mix
    2. Klykthemixer's FUNKY BEAT Club Mix
    3. Rinaldo Montezz’s HIGH ENERGY Mix
    4. Rick's Original Recipe FEEL SO GOOD Vocal Mix

Go to www.scherriepayne.com to see the video, buy the CD, or buy downloads from iTunes or Amazon.

Name:  Scherrie n me after video shoot.jpg
Views: 3585
Size:  87.4 KB

Egad! That picture is untouched. Look how GORGEOUS Scherrie looks, and then look at me. Oh, well, I was looking at "Let My Heart" on YouTube from Bandstand and she's looking about 2 years older here than she did there, with no help except a good facial cleanser. Ageless!!!!

Blog on Scherrie Payne by Alan Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post

Boy, you don't like anything, do you? I actually think the first minute is quite nice... but on this mix, I think it goes off track after that. The electronic drum machine just overpowers the bullk of the track.. if that had been backed off about 1/4, and more of that keyboard overlayed like we heard in the intro, then I think it would have been much improved. I may like one of the other mixes better, however. I'll give them a try. Great to see soemthing happening, though!

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    Very informative interview with Scherrie. Never knoew she had a bout with breast cancer, glad she made it threw. Never knew Mary Wilson felt that RTL failed because of her, I think that is more of a fan assumption, not Mary's.

Got my hard copy, Rick! Love "Hope" and the Majik Boys' MotorCity mixes of LYG!! Hope you do more with Scherrie in the future.