[REMOVE ADS]

More mock album covers!

I know in the past there have been a few threads in which some of us have posted mock covers for real or imaginary albums, so I thought I would start it up again with a few that I've created a while back for the Supremes.

Name:  supremes-beatles.jpg
Views: 5669
Size:  10.4 KB
    I made a playlist for all of the Beatles tracks that the Supremes recorded and performed.

Name:  supremes-bway2hwood.jpg
Views: 4071
Size:  18.4 KB
    The Supremes became almost as famous for their showtune repertoire as they were for the HDH hits.

Name:  supremes-covers.jpg
Views: 2253
Size:  17.1 KB
    Between "Sam Cooke," "Liverpool," "A Go-Go" and others, the Supremes have sampled many of their contemporaries.

Name:  supremes-Xmas.jpg
Views: 2353
Size:  11.1 KB
    This covers all of the Christmas tracks recorded in 1965 and 1967.

Enjoy!

Good work! I particularly like your concept of "The Supremes Sing The Songs of the 60's."

Great job!!! I am glad that you are back with this topic. I recall your the mock covers that you posted in the past. Excellent!!!!!

I'd love to see a mockup of Martha Reeves and the Vandellas "Ridin' High". I always thought Martha's head looked so big on the original.

Thanks, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I'd love to see a mockup of Martha Reeves and the Vandellas "Ridin' High". I always thought Martha's head looked so big on the original.
    Hey Mary, I'll fix one up for you!

Except for the Martha Reeves & The Vandellas vinyl album covers for "Watch Out!" and "Black Magic," I felt that the women didn't receive the high quality art department attention that The Supremes received. Ditto for many of The Marvelettes record covers as well. Judging from the many fantastic group portrait stills of these lovely ladies that have appeared on recent compact disc collections, there certainly wasn't any shortage of great pictures that could have been used to grace their record jackets. Hopefully antceleb12, you can help rectify this!

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    Except for the Martha Reeves & The Vandellas vinyl album covers for "Watch Out!" and "Black Magic," I felt that the women didn't receive the high quality art department attention that The Supremes received. Ditto for many of The Marvelettes record covers as well. Judging from the many fantastic group portrait stills of these lovely ladies that have appeared on recent compact disc collections, there certainly wasn't any shortage of great pictures that could have been used to grace their record jackets. Hopefully antceleb12, you can help rectify this!
    Currently, I'm working on "Ridin' High," and after that I can do whatever anyone else wants!

antceleb, there ought to be a job for you somewhere in the Marketing department. Well, I have a request.

Can you improve on the front and back covers of, Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5 ? I've never really liked that cover, maybe you could come up with something better.

Quote Originally Posted by chidrummer View Post
    antceleb, there ought to be a job for you somewhere in the Marketing department. Well, I have a request.

Can you improve on the front and back covers of, Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5 ? I've never really liked that cover, maybe you could come up with something better.
    Sure! I will give it my best go!

Marybrewster: Here's my take at the Vandellas' "Ridin' High."

Attached Images Attached Images  

Love the Ridin High with Martha and the Vandellas. I agree with Mary Brewster.....Martha kinda looked hydrocephalic in that one! Please do one with the Marvelettes...your choice! Thanks
    Last edited by blueskies; 06-27-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Thought you all would appreciate these...

My mock design for Marvin Gaye's unreleased 1972 "You're The Man" album:
    Name:  You're the Man.jpg
Views: 3046
Size:  56.6 KB

And a mock LP I created with an interesting song line-up. Take a look at those tracks...several of them were originally assigned to the Supremes before being assigned to other artists, some were recorded for the Supremes but never received vocals and a few tracks I wish they recorded.
    Name:  Everythings Coming Up Supreme.jpg
Views: 1932
Size:  97.7 KB

I like the Marvin Gaye mock-up, very effective.

Here's a link to one I did for Supremes albums based on the Motown inner sleeve design:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/33f3nfb.png
    Name:  INNER SLEEVE-SUPREMES[[small).jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  90.9 KB
    Last edited by ejluther; 06-30-2012 at 01:45 PM.