[REMOVE ADS]

Nosey's Living Hell

After 2 weeks of excrutiating pain, I'm glad to be able to post and bring you all up to speed. I opted for breast reconstruction and it has been the most horrific thing I've ever been through pain wise, in life! If I "could turn back the hands of time", I would. I wouldn't wish this medieval, barbaric pain on my worse enemy. No wonder the doctor would always avoid my questions about the pain level. He would only say, you'll be on Percocets for a week. Yeah, right!

While in recovery, Morphine didn't work and they had to bump me up to Dilaudin [[sp). That took the edge off of it somewhat but being overly medicated, it caused my blood pressure to plummet. I'm back to work because the house was driving me crazy: can't stand Maury, those judge shows and how much Leave it to Beaver and Hazel can one take?

Anyway, I'm still in pain but I'm determined to keep it moving. I do dread once they start pumping up the skin expander to create the breast but I can't turn around now. To add fuel to the fire, I have to travel to GA this weekend as the insurance I bought with this ticket doesn't cover pre-existing conditions so I'll have to man up and go or pay an extra $150.00 to change my flight. Fortunately, I can call the airlines and let them know I'll need assistance going and coming and they'll let me board early and will stow my carryall for me.

So gang pray for me that the worse part is over and that the other steps in this process will be a piece of cake in comparison of what I've been through. I can honestly say, if someone whose contemplating having this done were to ask me how it was, I would tell them TO HEAD FOR THE HILLS!

Nosey,
    Hang in there baby. I've heard from those that have had that surgery that it is a tough one. Know that you are loved here and we're pulling for you to be as good as new again.

Good luck Nosey. We all wish you well.

It's a small suggestion........but sometimes, sit quietly and breath in through your nose, and out through your mouth, several times, concentrating on that. The oxygen gets into your blood differently; once when I was feeling nauseous after the only operation I ever had........it really helped!

Good luck Miss Nosey and may God heal, bless and watch over you. The book of Jeremiah says:

"For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thy wounds sayeth the Lord."

I will pray to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and ask him to do just that for you are a good woman Nosey.

With my best wishes.

Roberta

Dang, Nosey, I feel you,lady...Didn't know this what you were going through and as a man I certainly can't say I know
    how you feel but as someone whose had several injuries, procedures and surgeries I know sometimes the only thing you
    can do with pain is suffer through til it's end. I definitely will be keeping you in my thoughts,Nosey, just be strong...

Hi Nosey
    i also just had surgery. I fought the pain by playing any Motown song [[headphones) with a heavy bass line until the morphine pump kicked in! It worked fine and now just on codeine lol! I will prob be on withdrawal soon! The $150 change fee sucks. Wish u the best.

Just to bring y'all up to speed. I'm getting "expanded" @ twice a month. The first two expansions weren't too bad but the last one I got on August 8th took me to the edge again. I'll need about 3 more expansions to get to the size of Dolly Parton, [[sike) so I'll be uncomfortable for about another 6 weeks. Be careful what you ask for [[boobs) you just might get it. [[groan)

Sorry for your private hell, Nosey. In contrast, by sister had breast reduction about fifteen years ago and experienced almost no pain at all!

Man up? You mean girl up!

Soulster, breast reduction is wwwaaaayyyy different than reconstruction. I have a cadaver expander in my chest that feels like hard plastic that makes it difficult to move my left arm above my head, behind my back, etc. I'm going for more expansion [[fluid) on Wednesday so for about 5 days, I'll be in a lot of pain again. Hopefully, after this I'll only have about 2 more expansions then the breast has to rest for about 8 more weeks so the skin can get used to being stretched. I don't look forward to Wednesday.

Were your breats small or malformed?

I had breast cancer and had a mastectomy last May. Since I'm retiring in a few months, I decided to do the reconstruction while I had great medical benefits. In a way, I regret doing it as this has been a horrific time pain-wise but I'm sure I'll be satisfied with the end result as it looks good its just that it is sooo uncomfortable and painful. If you care to you can google breast reconstruction and see the end results. My plastic surgeon has done a phenomenal job in terms of scarring. My scar is minimal because they sew you from the inside out and it leaves a very thin scar. They even can make a nipple by twisting the end and tying it and as far as an areola, you get a tattoo that matches the other. Still I dread Wednesday.

Cancer! Wow! We're glad you survived. Just think, the pain you experience now may be small change compared to the pain you may have had if your cancer had progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Were your breats small or malformed?
    Malformed? Have you any idea how insulting to women you sound?

Please think before you post.

Roberta

Thank you Soulster. That was very kind and sweet and much appreciated.

It's been a rough year for some of us on the forum, but hang in there Nosey. Rely on God.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    It's been a rough year for some of us on the forum, but hang in there Nosey. Rely on God.
    Very good advice Kamasu. God will lead you through this Nosey and you are in my prayers.

One day soon you will have the perfect life, life will run beautifully, You will fly like a butterfly through the night, you will have a pleasant flight. So for now kneel down and pray during these times of struggle and leave it all in God's hands as he will heal you and see you through this. He is good.

May God continue to always bless you Nosey.

Roberta

Thanks, Roberta. You have a way with words that are very comforting. [[I still dread my 4:00p apptment today.)

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    Thanks, Roberta. You have a way with words that are very comforting. [[I still dread my 4:00p apptment today.)
    God will be with you every step of the way dear lady. For the good book of Psalm rightly says:

"Praise the Lord and forget not all his benefits for it is he who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion."

You are in my thoughts and prayers Nosey.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Well, I'm calling it quits. You got to know when to hold em and when to fold em and I'ma foldin. Can't take this discomfort any longer. The doctor said to take a month off to think about it, [[yeah right) and when I go back on September 19th, we'll set the date for the OR to take this contraption out of me! My children echo my sentiments. Enough is enough! The downside is that I'll have to settle for still being an A cup. Oh well.....................all over a mouthful...........................

Sorry to hear this, Nosey. Pain has a way of changing plans. I'm sure you are beautiful just as you. are. Don't suffer anymore.